As a premium on-demand streaming service, STARZ is packed full of top content. Similar to HBO, you’ll gain access to not only a library of classic and blockbuster movies but also a well of highly produced original series. Shows like Ash vs. Evil Dead, Black Sails, Outlander, and Spartacus: War of the Damned have amassed quite the fandom.
STARZ costs $8.99/mo., which amounts to a little over $100/yr. Still on the fence? Take advantage of the 7-day free trial to try it out beforehand. Then, we encourage you to read our STARZ review. Are you looking for the perfect movie? Take a look at the six best movies on STARZ right now with our most recent content analysis.
Assuming you have the STARZ app, what’s next? Outside of a smart TV, the best way to stream your favorite apps to your television is through a streaming device. Some of the most popular devices on the market include Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and Roku media players. Keep reading to find out how to watch STARZ on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV Stick.
STARZ on Roku
To download the Roku STARZ app, you’ll need to follow a few steps.
- Open the Roku Channel Store.
- Type “STARZ” in the search tool and make sure to select the specific category term Premium Services.
- Tap + Add channel.
- Verify your account if you haven’t already by signing into your Roku account.
- You’ll receive seven days free, which converts into a paid monthly subscription unless you cancel before your trial period is up.
Roku’s interface is simple and straightforward to use. And the Roku Store itself organizes its channels within specific categories for quick browsing. Channels and apps, like STARZ, are displayed across Roku’s interface in a grid formation and include details such as a five-star rating system and a brief description of what to expect.
While you can download the STARZ app on a number of your devices, such as your smartphone and tablet, Roku’s media players work exclusively with your TV. There are quite a few Roku devices, including Express, Premiere, Streaming Stick+, and Ultra. With the mirror feature, you can use the STARZ app from your laptop or smartphone and cast directly to your Roku device. If you’re in the market for a media player and soundbar, we suggest Roku Smart Soundbar. It packs in a powerful media player into the soundbar for $179.99.
STARZ on Apple TV
The STARZ app is made available across the Applesphere, including Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone. Here’s how to get the STARZ Apple TV app.
- Before you get started, make sure you have the latest operating system for your devices.
- Navigate to the App Store and choose Watch Now (at the bottom of your screen for iPad and iPhone, and at the top for Apple TV, Mac, and smart TVs).
- Either use the search tool to find STARZ or browse through the list of available channels until you locate the app.
- As a new subscriber to STARZ, you’ll receive your first week for free. Afterward, you’ll be charged via your Apple ID.
Like everything Apple produces, Apple TV presents a sleek interface that feels unique. This is satisfying since most interfaces out there look strikingly similar. Titles are sideways scrollable with rounded edges that smartly use the space. The background color is a grey that helps highlight the content, making for a polished display. The app favors Apple TV+ content at the top of the page, then features Apple TV Channels, Home Premieres, Free Series Premieres, New Shows and Movies, Popular Shows, and descends down until New Movies that you can rent or buy.
First and foremost, Apple TV is supported by iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Mac desktops and laptops. Outside of Apple products, you’ll also be able to use Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices in addition to select smart TV models. And if you have a Microsoft device, you’re in luck. You’ll be able to access the Apple TV app through Microsoft Surface and Windows PC. Or, watch directly from web browsers like Chrome or Safari on tv.apple.com. Our top pick is the 64GB Apple TV 4K for $199 or 6 payments of $33.16/mo.
STARZ on Firestick
The Fire Stick STARZ app is readily available across Amazon’s Fire TV devices.
- For quick access, use the voice controls of your remote to search for “STARZ.” Or, you can find the STARZ app manually. From the Fire TV main menu, scroll to the Apps section to the right.
- Browse for the STARZ app, which is available in the Top Subscription Apps for You, No Cable Required, and Alexa Enabled.
- Download the STARZ app.
- With your Amazon ID, you can start your free trial. And after the trial period, your Amazon ID will be charged $8.99/mo.
The Amazon Fire TV interface operates with mostly sideways scrollable lists of apps and titles. Its main menu has a search tool followed by Home, Live, Your Videos, Free, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, and Settings. This is pretty standard across most interfaces. But with the use of your smart remote or Alexa assistant, you can quickly open and navigate to your content with just a few words. Your favorite apps appear at the top of a grid made up of all your subscription services.
Fire TV devices are largely available in the Amazon ecosystem. This means your Fire TV is supported by Echo devices like Echo Dot, Echo Plus, and Echo Studio. You can find the Echo Dot listed on Amazon for $49.99.
The final cut
One of the best ways to watch STARZ is with a streaming media player. Those with the best reputations include Apple TV, Fire TV Stick, and Roku. Although, before you buy, you’ll want to consider what kind of devices you prefer. For instance, if you use Apple products, then Apple TV will work well across your devices. The same idea applies to Amazon and its devices. However, since the STARZ app is widely available with most devices and media players, you shouldn’t have too much trouble starting a subscription.
Try STARZ out for yourself for seven days with its free trial. You can also cut right to the chase and learn more about STARZ bundles and deals in our breakdown for the best value.