This week, Sling TV contacted grandfathered subscribers of their Hollywood Extra add-on to notify them that EPIX is moving. On February 21, 2019, EPIX will be moved out of the Hollywood Extra add-on. At that time, it will become a $5 standalone add-on. Current Hollywood Extra add-on subscribers will get a one-time $5 add-on to allow you to subscribe to EPIX for a month or get $5 off your current plan.
Last summer EPIX was moved from the Hollywood Extra add-on but anyone who already had the add-on got to keep EPIX. Now these subscribers will also see EPIX leave their add-on.
Here is the email Sling TV is sending subscribers of the Hollywood Extra:
As of 2/21/19, EPIX will be moved out of your Hollywood Extra subscription. You can add the EPIX standalone service back to your subscription for $5/month. Additionally, on 2/21/19, we will place a credit on your account for $5 so that you can keep EPIX free for an additional month if you choose. EPIX Drive-In will remain part of your Sling Blue and/or Sling Orange service, so you can continue to enjoy that channel without any additional cost.
All the best,
The Sling TV Team
EPIX content includes:
- Movies produced and released from the three studios it partners with:
- Paramount Pictures (which includes MTV Films and Nickelodeon)
- MGM (which includes United Artists)
- Lionsgate Entertainment (which includes Mandate Pictures)
- Recently released movies and older films released between 1970 and 1999.
- Original programming, including exclusive concerts and comedy specials, TV series and documentaries.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.