Today NBCUniversal and EverPass Media have announced ad eal to bring sporting events that stream exclusively on Peacock to bars, restaurants, and other commercial establishments.
The agreement comes as bars face a growing problem that many of the biggest sporting events are moving to streaming. Until recently, this meant they couldn’t legally air these games. Now thanks to this deal and one recently agreed to with ESPN+, bars will still be able to show some of the biggest sporting events out there.
“Peacock has one of the most extensive live sports offerings of any streamer in the U.S. and this exclusive agreement for the commercial distribution of its sports programming is an important milestone for EverPass,” said Alex Kaplan, CEO of EverPass. “Peacock’s exclusive sports events will now become widely available for commercial businesses, creating new opportunities to expand the reach of these events. We’re excited to continue building our content library and network of distribution partners to become the preeminent premium sports and entertainment content platform for commercial establishments.”
This deal will mean bars will still have access to the following events:
- NFL: Buffalo Bills at Los Angeles Chargers on Saturday, Dec. 23, 2023; NFLWild Card Playoff game on Saturday, January 13, 2024 (the first-ever exclusively live-streamed NFL playoff game)
- Approximately 180 Premier League matches
- College Sports: Big Ten College Football, Big Ten Men’s & Women’s Basketball, and a Notre DameFootballgame
- U.S. Soccer: U.S. Women’s National Team & U.S. Men’s National Team matches (both in Spanish)
- Golf: Featured groups and holes for the Ryder Cup, the U.S. Open and the U.S. Women’s Open and The Open Championship
- Rugby: 2023 Rugby World Cup and Six NationsRugby
- Tour de France
- Preakness Stakes and Royal Ascot
- SuperMotocross World Championship
“Peacock is proud to provide a deep collection of premium sports programming to fans. This partnership will enable us to now offer our content via a compelling commercial sports product,” said Rick Cordella, President, Programming, NBC Sports and Peacock Sports. “We’re excited to work with the EverPass team to bring fans more viewing opportunities and business owners ease and simplicity in streaming our best-in-class offerings.”
So great news for sports fans who want to enjoy their favorite teams games at the bar.