Earlier today Fubo announced a new and improved guide browsing, fast forwarding, and more. Fubo also says this update will fix multiple bugs and offer speed improvements to the app.
This news comes as Fubo has been slowly updating its apps with these new features. Just last week Fubo rolled out an update like this to Fire TVs, Android, and Google TV.
Here is the announcement Fubo posted about this update:
Hello, Fubo Users!
We just released v5.2 of Fubo’s Roku app and it’s now available for everyone on the Roku platform. This is a significant update that addresses most of the remaining items that have been raised in this forum.
Here’s a summary of what’s new in Fubo’s v5.2 Roku app:
- The currently playing channel — or DVR / VOD — will continue to play in the background (audio only) when you return to the guide from full-screen video. This allows you to return to the home page or guide without losing the context of what is currently playing, similar to how it worked in v4.8. You can easily return to full-screen video by press-and-holding the Back button.
- We’ve added a preference to disable/enable the above continuous playback feature.
- We added a 4th fast-forward/rewind speed, to more quickly advance through long recordings, such as a 3-hour football game.
- We made performance improvements to increase the speed and responsiveness of the app.
- We made a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, please let us know what you think. We continue to listen to your feedback and respond as quickly as possible.
Chief Product Officer @ Fubo