Late last week Fubo started to roll out an update to its Fire TV, Android TV, and Google TV apps. (Note Roku will reportedly get an update later this week.
This update adds several new features and addresses many complaints users have had with the new Fubo user interface.
Here is the announcement Fubo made about the update to Fire TV, Android TV, and Google TV:
Hello, Fubo Users!
We’re excited to let you know that a new update to Fubo’s Fire TV, Android TV, and Google TV apps (v5.6) is rolling out now and through the weekend. We continue to listen to your feedback, update features, and fix bugs as quickly as possible. I believe this update, and the previous updates, address almost all of the Android TV and FireTV issues that you have reported here.
For our Roku users, we have a significant update that we are readying for release next week. That update will address many of the biggest issues you all have raised over the last several weeks. So stay tuned for an announcement about that release.
Here’s what’s new in the v5.6 Fire/Android/Google TV apps, including some updates from v5.5, which I didn’t announce previously:
- Added thumbnail images for the currently playing program on every channel.
- Program titles now scroll as you navigate to the right in the guide.
My Stuff / Recordings
- Added “Delete Recording” button for individual recordings (it was previously contained under the “Recording Options” menu). Note that this is also fixed in the Roku app now as well.
- The subtitles (closed captioning) on/off setting will now persist across all channel changes and program changes.
- Fixed bugs that affected video playback, channel changing, and app crashes.
Have a great streaming weekend!
Chief Product Officer @ Fubo