Budget-friendly streaming services are gaining popularity due to their quality content and low subscription cost, and Frndly TV sets itself apart from the rest. We’ve compared it to other budget-friendly services in the past, and newer competitors that have entered the market, however, when it comes to price, Frndly rises to the top.
Recently though Frndly TV has made some big changes including changing its price later this month but also adding new channels. So today we are going to dive deep into everything we know about Frndly TV.
Launched in 2019, Frndly’s subscriber base has grown to over 700,000 members and has made it a popular supplement to other live TV streamers due to its channel lineup. Frndly is more than just a name, as the company listens to its customer base by constantly adding new features that are requested to enhance the platform. Making the platform user-friendly is a big reason why customers average around 18 hours per week on the service, according to Joey Monjure, Frndly TV’s Vice President of Product & Customer Experience.
Features that have been added to the streamer via subscribers’ request:
- Favorites – Add your favorite shows and movies to a personalized queue under the My Stuff tab
- My Stuff – Allows subscribers to build their own content library along with the Favorites feature.
- TV Series Page – View the entire libraries of shows that air on Frndly TV
If you’re exploring options and looking to make a switch from traditional cable or satellite companies or a higher price streaming service, you can find out everything we know about Frndly TV, below.
What Device Do I Need to Watch?
To begin your transition to streaming with Frndly, you’ll need an internet connection and a compatible device. Frndly is available on most popular streaming devices, including, Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, iOS, and Android. The official Frndly website will let you know if your device is compatible before you subscribe to the service.
What Plans Are on Frndly & How Much is a Subscription?
Frndly offers three different plans (Basic, Classic, and Premium) which all include a one-week free trial for new subscribers. The monthly fee for Frndly’s plans ranges from $7.99/mo. to $11.99/mo. and each plan includes 72 Hour Look Back which allows you to rewatch shows 72 hours after they air.
- Basic: Frndly’s starter package includes 40+ channels live and on-demand, SD video quality, and users can watch one screen at a time for $7.99 per month or pay annually and save 15%.
- Classic: For $8.99 per month, subscribers can watch all the channels Frndly has to offer in HD video quality. Plus, the plan includes unlimited DVR recordings that you can keep for 3 months and you can watch 2 screens at a time. Save 15% with an annual subscription.
- Premium: The Premium plan unlocks everything that Frndly has to offer. For $11.99 per month, subscribers can watch all 40+ channels in HD video quality with unlimited DVR recording that you can keep for 9 months. Plus, you can watch on 4 screens at a time. Save 15% by subscribing at the annual rate.
With any active subscription, you can add Hallmark Movies Now for an additional $5.99/mo.
What Channels Are on Frndly TV?
Frndy has 40+ live TV streaming channels featuring some of the most popular networks in entertainment and feel-good content. There aren’t any add-on channels, but you can check out the full list of networks on Frndly, below.
- Hallmark Channel
- The HISTORY Channel
- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Game Show Network
- Lifetime Movie Network
- The Weather Channel
- Hallmark Drama
- Great American Family
- Outdoor Channel
- Dove Channel
- Great American Living
- Military HISTORY
- VICE TV
- Local Now
- Pursuit Channel
- Dove Kids
- Cowboy Way Channel
- Heartland TV
- Heroes & Icons
- Start TV
- Catchy Comedy
- Dove Family Movies
- Crime & Investigation
- ION Mystery
- Justice Central.TV* (Launching October 9th 2023)
The Final Cut
Watching your favorite shows and movies shouldn’t break the bank and if you’re searching for a service that is a friend to your wallet then look no further than Frndly TV. The streamer has a dynamic selection of family-friendly programming and networks that target certain niches. As a lower-cost service, the live TV streamer is great for subscribers who are in the market for something that doesn’t carry sports or higher-priced channels that they’re not interested in. Give Frndly a chance by subscribing at the link, below.