A few weeks ago Cord Cutters News broke the story that Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app would be coming to LG TVs. Now you will be able to watch your Comcast subscription to any Xfinitycable package or the Xfinity streaming packages on LG TVs.
“With Xfinity Stream on LG 4K Ultra HD and Standard HD Smart TVs, Xfinity TV customers can browse and enjoy the Emmy Award-winning X1 guide, featuring rich and immersive graphics and imagery. Other features include quick access to their most recently watched programming; easy to set up parental controls; one-of-a-kind destinations for TV shows, movies, sports, kids, and more that make browsing and discovering programming seamless; and the ability to access and scroll through the guide on the same screen while watching live programming.” LG said in a statement sent to Light Reading.
Xfinity’s Beta streaming service is coming to the following LG TVs:
- 2019 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9.
- 2018 TVs with Model Codes LG SK, LG UK, LG LK, LG OLED *8.
- 2017 TVs with Model Codes LG SJ, LG UJ, LG LJ, LG OLED *7.
The Xfinity Stream Beta app is available on the following Samsung device models:
- 2019 TVs (no minimum software version) and QLED Model Codes Q900R, Q950R, Q90, Q85, Q80, Q70, and Q60; UHD Model Codes RU8000, RU7300 and RU7100.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU8500, NU850, NU8000, NU800, Q9F, Q8F, Q7C, Q7F and Q6 [F = Flat, C= Curved].
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU7300, NU730, NU7200, NU7100 and NU710.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC and Model Code UNXXNU7090.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes N5510, N5500, N5350, N5300, N4500, N4350 and N4310.
- 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTMAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes Q9F, Q8C, Q7F (Flat), Q7C (Curved), MU9000, MU8500, MU8000, MU7600, MU7500, MU750, MU7100, MU700, MU7000, MU6500, MU6490, MU6300, MU630, and MU6290.
- 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes M5300, M530, M4500 and M450.
If you’re a cord cutter, here are all the add-ons Comcast currently offers:
- Sports and News ($36.50 per month): CNBC, CNN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Golf Channel, MSNBC, NBC Sports, NFL Network and regional sports networks based on the market.
- Entertainment ($15 per month): A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, E!, Food Network, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, History, HGTV, Lifetime, OWN, Syfy, TBS, TNT, TV One, USA, VH1.
- Kids and Family ($10 per month): Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, MTV, National Geographic Channel, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, NickToons, Universal Kids, TeenNick, TLC.
- Latino ($5 per month): BabyFirst, CNN en Español, Cine Dinamita, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, Cine Sony Television, Discovery Familia, Discovery en Español, Galavisión, History en Español, Pasiones, Viendo Movies, Vme Kids.
- Deportes ($7 per month): beIN, beINñ, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, LAS, NBCUniverso, Univision tDN. (Telemundo, Unimas, and Univision are provided when not included in the broadcast tier)
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.