Comcast recently started to roll out a live TV streaming service called Instant TV that includes locals and add-ons. You need Comcast Internet, and you need to live in a Comcast market that offers the service, but you could get your locals for $20 from Comcast streaming online. Or for $25 you could add sports and news channels to the service.
The Comcast Xfinity Stream Beta not only lets you stream Instant TV but also any Comcast TV package.
Right now Comcast’s live TV streaming service is only on Roku and select Samsung Smart TVs. Now our sources inside Comcast have confirmed to Cord Cutters News that select LG TVs will be getting an Xfinity Live TV app soon. Comcast has not officially announced LG support, but reports are that it will be announced soon.
Xfinity’s Beta streaming service is coming to the following LG TVs:
- 2019 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9.
- 2018 TVs with Model Codes LG SK, LG UK, LG LK, LG OLED *8.
- 2017 TVs with Model Codes LG SJ, LG UJ, LG LJ, LG OLED *7.
The Xfinity Stream Beta app is available on the following Samsung device models:
- 2019 TVs (no minimum software version) and QLED Model Codes Q900R, Q950R, Q90, Q85, Q80, Q70, and Q60; UHD Model Codes RU8000, RU7300 and RU7100.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU8500, NU850, NU8000, NU800, Q9F, Q8F, Q7C, Q7F and Q6 [F = Flat, C= Curved].
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes NU7300, NU730, NU7200, NU7100 and NU710.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC and Model Code UNXXNU7090.
- 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9 and Model Codes N5510, N5500, N5350, N5300, N4500, N4350 and N4310.
- 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTMAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes Q9F, Q8C, Q7F (Flat), Q7C (Curved), MU9000, MU8500, MU8000, MU7600, MU7500, MU750, MU7100, MU700, MU7000, MU6500, MU6490, MU6300, MU630, and MU6290.
- 2017 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes M5300, M530, M4500 and M450.
Here are all the add-ons Comcast currently offers:
- Sports and News ($36.50 per month): CNBC, CNN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Golf Channel, MSNBC, NBC Sports, NFL Network and regional sports networks based on the market.
- Entertainment ($15 per month): A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, E!, Food Network, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, History, HGTV, Lifetime, OWN, Syfy, TBS, TNT, TV One, USA, VH1.
- Kids and Family ($10 per month): Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, MTV, National Geographic Channel, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, NickToons, Universal Kids, TeenNick, TLC.
- Latino ($5 per month): BabyFirst, CNN en Español,Cine Dinamita, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, Cine Sony Television, Discovery Familia, Discovery en Español, Galavisión, History en Español, Pasiones, Viendo Movies, Vme Kids.
- Deportes ($7 per month): beIN, beINñ, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, LAS, NBCUniverso, Univision tDN. (Telemundo, Unimas, and Univision are provided when not included in the broadcast tier)
This is breaking news more coming soon.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.