Recently the team behind the ZapperBox, an ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN that lets you watch 3.0 singles on your TV, has now announced a new antenna. Zapper Box says this is the “first antenna designed for ATSC 3.0.”
This new antenna can be used inside or outside and sells for $149.95. You can find it on their website HERE.
Well, all antennas are able to pick up ATSC 3.0 this antenna says it was built specifically for ATSC 3.0 signals.
Here is how the ZapperBox team describes the A1 Indoor/Outdoor Antenna by Televes:
The ZapperBox A1 antenna designed by Televes is the first antenna to be custom designed for NEXTGENTV. We love this antenna because:
- It looks great on a console next to the TV or the ZapperBox
- It can sit on a desk or be mounted indoor, outdoor, in the attic, on a wall or on a pole mount
- The reflector can stay on or be taken off
- It has a built in amplifier
- It has a built in LTE filter
- It has a built in MIMO output
- Tested for flawless 8K reception at 113mbps by ETRI & KBS. See report here.
- It has built in 4G/LTE antenna output
- It uses Galium arsenide chips for really low-noise amplification
Here are more technical details about this antenna:
- This new antenna was developed by Televes for outdoor/indoor TV, MIMO and 5G applications. It is the result of over a year of R&D and was designed-from-scratch for NEXTGENTV.
- It is crafted from UV resistant ultra-strong ABS with a solid metal reflector and includes stainless-steel mounting hardware.
- It has flexible form factor and can be used as a desktop unit with or without reflector, wall mounted, or mast mounted.
- Powered by a trio of Televes’ proprietary self-adjusting GaAs-MMIC-enabled TForce pre-amplifiers with integrated 5G filtering, delivering optimum signal and maximum uptime.
- Independent High VHF and UHF self-adjusting preamplifiers provide optimum signal balance.
- An integrated passive bidirectional cellular antenna can be used with a fixed wireless service modem or cellphone booster system.
- Optimized for the sub-600MHz UHF frequencies currently in use in the US, with strict saw filtering to avoid out of band interference.
- Includes a vertically polarized antenna making this unit future proof for upcoming datacasting MIMO applications under the ATSC 3.0 standard.
- The MIMO reception capabilities of this unit have been successfully and extensively tested on the field in real MIMO broadcast environments by ETRI in Korea.