One of the main complaints about Amazon’s Fire Tablets was the fact that YouTube TV didn’t work on it. In the past, there was no official app, and trying to watch through the browser would give you an error message. Now, though, that has been fixed, and you can now watch YouTube TV on Amazon’s Fire Tablets.
There still is not an official YouTube TV app for Fire Tablets, but now you can use the built-in Silk Browser to watch YouTube TV on the official YouTube TV website. You can do so by just going to TV.YouTube.com and signing into your YouTube TV account. Cord Cutters News has confirmed that this works on the New Fire Max 11 tablets.
Only a handful of live TV streaming services have an official app on the Fire Tablets, like Sling TV and Hulu + Live TV. Now, YouTube TV can join the list of cord cutting services that work on the Fire Tablets but by using the built-in browser. Sadly, the official YouTube TV app only works on Fire TVs, not Fire Tablets.
You can find a quick shortcut to the YouTube TV website inside the YouTube app on the Fire TV.
Here is how YouTube TV describes the service:
- Cable-free live TV. No cable box required. No hidden fees. Easy setup.
- Stream 85+ top broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, and premium add-ons. Live and on-demand. Includes your local sports & news, movies, and more.
- Watch every out-of-market Sunday Ticket game on your TV and supported devices.
- Watch on your favorite devices and on the go: smartphones, tablets, computers, and TVs.
- Free unlimited cloud DVR storage space. Never run out of storage space, at no additional cost.
- 6 accounts per household included. Everyone gets their own personal login, watch recommendations, and DVR library.
- Try it free . Monthly pay-as-you-go membership. Start watching in minutes. Cancel anytime.