Have you ever wished you could skip a month of your TV service? Maybe you are going to be gone or maybe it is just the middle of the summer and there are no shows you want to watch? Well, now YouTube TV will allow you to pause your membership and keep your account but not pay for the service when you don’t want it.
Here are a few things you need to know about pausing your membership to YouTube TV.
- When you pause your membership, you can choose the length of this paused state, from 4 weeks up to 6 months.
- Your membership will be paused after the end of your current billing cycle.
- While your membership is paused, you (and any family members) won’t have access to YouTube TV and no new programs will be recorded. However, your previous recordings will be saved until the end of the paused state (although recordings are still subject to our standard 9-month expiration date).
- When your paused state ends, you will automatically be charged at your normal monthly price for a new month of service, and that date becomes your new billing date.
- You can un-pause and resume your membership at any time before the scheduled resume date by visiting YouTube TV on a web browser or using the YouTube TV app. The date that you resume your membership will become your new billing date.
How to pause your membership:
- Visit tv.youtube.com on a web browser.
- Navigate to Settings > Membership
- Click Deactivate membership > Pause membership under “YouTube TV membership.”
Source: Android Police
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!