Last week YouTube announced that they are breaking YouTube Red into YouTube Music and YouTube Premium. Today YouTube announced that they are rolling out YouTube Music in the U.S., Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea.
Invites will start going out later today and you can sign up to get an invite HERE.
Here is how it breaks down:
“YouTube Music is a new music streaming service made for music: official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalog of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you can’t find anywhere else – all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.” YouTube says in a statement on their site.
So what is YouTube Music exactly?
A new music streaming service from YouTube
- A reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
- YouTube Music has thousands of playlists, the official versions of millions of songs, albums, artist radio and more, in addition to all the music videos people expect from YouTube.
Find more of the music you’re looking for
- Remixes, covers, live versions as well as deep cuts you can’t find anywhere else – from the biggest artists in the world to freshest voices breaking through.
- New and iconic videos from “God’s Plan” and “Havana” to “Thriller,” “Sledgehammer,” and more.
- YouTube Music search works even if fans don’t know exactly what they’re looking for … we’ll find it if they describe it (try “that hipster song with the whistling”) or give us some lyrics (try “I make money moves”).
Effortlessly discover new music
- YouTube Music’s personalized home screen dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on people’s listening history, where they are and what they’re doing. At the airport? We’ll recommend something relaxing before the flight. Entering the gym? We’ll suggest some beats to get the heart-rate going.
- Thousands of playlists built to help you discover new music. That means no matter what kind of music you like, where you are, what you’re doing, or what mood you’re in, you can easily find the right playlist for that moment.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.