Starting today WOW! Cable TV has stopped selling its traditional TV service and will now only offer YouTube TV to its customers. This comes as earlier this year WOW! announced a deal with Google to offer YouTube TV and shut down its current cable TV system.
“By bundling YouTube TV with WOW! Internet, we continue to execute on our broadband-first strategy and further uphold our commitment to deliver an exceptional WOW! experience for new and current customers,” said Teresa Elder, CEO at WOW! in a press release. “We pride ourselves in offering the best products at the best value and we believe this will be a game-changer for our customers looking for a robust TV experience at a much lower cost than traditional cable.”
WOW!’s YouTube TV offer is very similar to the one from Frontier. New customers can save $10 a month on YouTube TV for 12 months. Sadly, for now there doesn’t seem to be any special offer for any discounts on NFL Sunday Tickets.
WOW! says YouTube TV can save its customers as much as $600 per year compared to a traditional cable subscription.
WOW! currently has nearly two million residential, businesses, and wholesale consumers in 15 markets. WOW! says it has started the process of migrating WOW! residential video customers to YouTube TV. The company went on to say it will discontinue the marketing and selling of its TV service, including WOW! TV+.
Current subscribers can stay on WOW!’s TV service for now, but the company is offering specials to migrate them over to YouTube TV.
According to WOW! customers that sign up for YouTube TV can benefit from the following:
- Access to YouTube TV’s industry-leading live TV streaming service
- More than 100 channels, Spanish-language packages and add-on packages such as NFL Sunday Ticket
- Innovative features such as multiview, the ability to hide spoilers, view real-time stats and watch key plays
- Special promotional offers with the potential for significant savings
- The convenience of bundled Internet and YouTube TV on one bill
- No long-term contracts and hidden fees
- WOW!’s award-winning customer experience
- WOW!’s fast, reliable fiber-rich Internet