With so many streaming services, and so many streaming devices, knowing what works with what can get a bit a confusing. And since we’re all about making cord cutting simpler, not harder, we thought we’d put together a guide to the different streaming devices, platforms, and other hardware that support some of the most popular services out there. In this case, we’re looking at Sling TV, the live TV streaming service with a wide range of channels and device support. Here’s a look at all the devices that work with Sling TV.
Dedicated Streaming Devices and Smart TVs
- Apple TV: 4th Generation Apple TVs and newer (tvOS 11 and higher)
- Roku: All Roku models except the 2450X, 2500X, 2400X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, 3400X, 3420X, 2700X, 2710X, 2720X
- Amazon Fire TV: All Fire TV models are supported
- Chromecast: All Chromecast devices are supported
- Android TV: Devices that run OS 5 and higher are supported
- AirTV: All AirTV devices are supported
- LG TVs: LG TVs with WebOS 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 are supported, as are certain 2016-2019 models.
- Samsung TVs: Samsung TVs from 2016 onward are supported
- Oculus: Oculus Go and Oculus Quest VR headsets 3.54 and higher are supported
- Portal: All versions of Facebook’s Portal TV are supported
Mobile Devices and Computers
- iOS: Apple iOS devices with iOS 11 and newer are supported
- Android: Android devices with OS version 5 (Lollipop) and newer are supported
- Fire: Amazon Fire Tablets from 2013 onward are supported
- Chrome: Computers that support the Chrome web browser can display Sling TV
- Windows: Windows 10 computers can access Sling TV via a dedicated app
- Safari: Macs running the Safari web browser version 11.1 and newer can display Sling TV
- Xbox One: All versions of the Xbox One console are supported
Of course, we’ll keep a close eye on future developments, including new hardware and software revisions to ensure our list is up to date!
Check out our full page of Sling TV compatible devices.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!