Earlier this year, Fubo started beta testing splitscreen on the Fire TV and Android TV. This feature would let you watch multiple games at once. In the past, this feature had been limited to just the Apple TV. So what happened to it and will we be able to use Fubo to watch multiple football games this fall?
Some readers have reached out as they recently noticed the help page about this new feature was gone. So, will it be coming soon, and what is happening with splitscreen on the Fire TV and Android TV? We reached out to Fubo to find out, and according to Fubo, the beta test for splitscreen on the Fire TV and Android TV has come to an end.
According to Fubo the beta test for splitscreen has come to an end. At this point, they said they have no announcements about when or if they would bring back the feature to the Fire TV and Android TV.
How did splitscreen with Fubo on the Fire TV and Android TV work?
The new splitscreen feature will work very similarly to the YouTube TV multiview beta. Fubo will pick events that need a multiview and offer a special channel showing both. You will be able to pick which audio feed you want between the two options.
For now, it seems that Fubo is only testing splitscreen viewing. No options right now to watch four sporting events at once like you can with the Apple TV.
Will this feature come to other devices?
No word yet on Roku or other devices adding this feature, but hopefully, it will be rolled out to more devices once the feature exits beta.
Here is the Fubo help page describing the Splitscreen beta test that has since been removed:
With the Splitscreen Beta:
- You’ll be able to watch two events at the same time
- Scheduled Splitscreen Beta events will be available through a temporary channel
- Splitscreen Beta events will be pre-selected
What devices is the Splitscreen Beta available on?
The full Fubo Splitscreen Beta experience will be available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV devices.
How do I use the Splitscreen Beta?
Find and launch Splitscreen Beta temporary channels like you would any other event on Fubo.
To switch the audio feed between events:
- On your Amazon Fire TV or Android TV, use the left or right arrows on your remote’s directional pad to switch between the two separate audio feeds
- For all other devices, you’ll need to access the audio settings to switch audio feeds
- Audio settings can be found in the settings menu, accessible when watching video by using the up, down or OK/Enter buttons on your device remote, swiping down on the remote trackpad (Apple TV), or by tapping the screen (mobile devices and tablets)
- You will find the audio settings under the Subtitles & Audio option
- The options for each audio feed will be available; select to change the audio feed being played
How do I find scheduled Splitscreen Beta events?
Splitscreen channels will be available in your channel guide, in Browse While Watching, and on your Sports page.
On your Amazon Fire TV and Android TV devices, you will also be able to find Splitscreen channels (when available) on your Home Page.