Discovery+ has announced the new and original programming coming this month. Highlights include a new series where Kesha takes her friends to explore paranormal activity, the 90 Day franchise heading to the UK, and one of the best TV weeks of the year – Shark Week.
Titles premiering in July include:
Shark Week – Sunday, July 24 – Sunday, July 31 – Get your heart pumping with the return of television’s longest running, and most anticipated summer event, Shark Week! The annual TV event returns for a historic 34th year with bigger sharks, bigger breaches, and even bigger findings from the teams of dedicated scientists and researchers in the field. Please visit www.SharkWeek.com for more Shark Week information.
Paranormal & Unexplained
- Conjuring Kesha – Friday, July 8 – Global pop superstar Kesha has a deep passion for all things supernatural and has spent most of her life searching for answers to the world’s biggest mysteries. Now she is expanding on her fascination with the unknown in a cinematic, hands-on paranormal series chock full of mysterious adventures. Follow Kesha and some of her celebrity friends on a cosmic exploration of the afterlife, as they travel to mind-blowing haunted locations and search for all things unexplainable. Throughout the season, Kesha dives headfirst into mysteries ranging from demonic activity at Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary with comedian Whitney Cummings to hiking deep into the forests of California’s Mount Shasta in search of Bigfoot with “The Bachelorette” star, Jojo Fletcher.
Nature & Animals
- The Bond – Premiering July – The Bond tells the remarkable, moving, and surprising stories of fascinating characters from all walks of life who have formed deep bonds with creatures from across the animal kingdom. These bonds change the lives of both human and animal, and each episode will illustrate just how much we have to offer each other.
Love & Relationships
- 90 Day Fiance: UK – Sunday July 24 – This summer, for the first time outside of the US, the global phenomenon 90 Day Fiance is landing in the UK. 90 Day Fiance: UK is set to be a rollercoaster of emotions, as the series follows eight loved-up Brits and their long-distance lovers for 90 days to see if it’s the real deal, or if they’ve made a big mistake and should call the whole thing off! As the couples put it all on the line, viewers can expect explosive family drama, culture clashes, awkward moments, shocking revelations and worlds colliding, as well as finding out whether they will pop the big question. For these real-life couples, the stakes could not be higher: So much could go wrong. And so much could go right.
- Faking It: All American Murder – Monday, July 4 – When Shanann Watts and her two daughters vanished from their home, husband Chris gradually confessed to being responsible. Experts examine TV news interviews and interrogation recordings to pick out the chilling tell-tale clues.
- Faking It: Ted Bundy – Monday, July 4 – Theodore R. Bundy was one of the world’s most prolific serial killers, conducting a reign of terror throughout the 1970s. By the time of his execution in 1989, he had admitted to 30 murders, although US law enforcement officials believe the real total was much higher. Studying police interrogation tapes and courtroom footage, body language analyst Dr Cliff Lansley, linguistics expert Professor Dawn Archer and forensic psychologist Kerry Daynes, reveal how Bundy was able to escape justice by distorting facts, creating confusion and manipulating the truth.
- The Submarine Killers: Confessions of a Murderer – Monday, July 18 – This documentary follows the teenage girl who has fallen in love with one of Denmark’s most-dangerous prisoners, Peter Madsen, also known as the “Submarine Killer,” and why there are no laws protecting minors from being targeted and groomed by prisoners.
- The TikTok Man: Catching a Predator – Monday, July 18 – For more than a decade, a dangerous predator has used social media as his hunting field. More than 400 young girls and women report online sexual harassment, violence, torture, and rape. The brave mother of one of the assaulted girls has organized a Facebook page for all his victims to gather evidence and build most likely the biggest serial sexual assault case in Denmark to date. The series tells the stories of the victims and follows the gathering of evidence up until handed over to the police.
- Beach Cottage Chronicles – Friday, July 8 – Discover the inspired designs, architecture and stories behind some of the most beautiful waterfront cottages in America. With each unique home, experience a firsthand look at the joy that comes from living on the water.