Today at CES Westinghouse announced new Roku TV models with new and improved DTS sound. Westinghouse says they want to offer the ultimate viewing and listening experience with its new line of Roku TVs. These new Roku TVs from Westinghouse will offer DTS sound helping it stand out from many of its competitors.
“We’ve been getting great feedback from our customers, and we wanted to build a better experience to match their needs. To achieve a true immersive experience from your TV, the picture quality and high-quality sound must work together for the most realistic result,” said Brett Hunt, Senior Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for Westinghouse Electronics. “We have worked with DTS to maximize the sound quality and the immersive experience with their Studio Sound technology. With sound equalization, best-in-class volume leveling, and a surround sound virtualizer, our TVs can offer an immersive experience without an investment in a multi-channel home theater system. We heard that they wanted better sound quality, which can be difficult to experience on a flat-screen TV. DTS helps us achieve high-quality sound and address these consumer concerns by creating a full aural experience. With DTS and Roku TV, we’re able to provide the ultimate sound experience for customers.”
Here is how Westinghouse describes their new Roku TVs:
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) – 4K Roku TV models support HDR10 content, making colors brighter and richer, particularly in vibrant scenes like landscapes and cityscapes.
- Control Multiple Roku Devices with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant –Customers who use Alexa-enabled devices and/or Google Assistant devices to control their Roku device can now control multiple Roku devices in their home. Consumers can ask their Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled device to launch channels, find movies, play music, and more on their Roku TV in select regions.
- Private Listening – With private listening on the free Roku mobile app, people can use headphones connected to their mobile phone to enjoy TV late at night, or any time they’d like to avoid distractions.
- Roku Search – Roku Search makes it easy to discover something great to watch. Simply search by title, actor, or select topical subjects in certain regions. Consumers will get results across top channels, with results listed in order by price.
- 4K Ultra High-Definition: Users can experience stunning resolution and picture quality on Westinghouse Roku TVs 4K Ultra HD sets. Sizes include 43”, 50”, 55” and 65” (Respective MSRP’s: $299.99, $329.99, $399.99, $579.99) with additional sizes coming soon. Ultra HD content can be accessed from Roku’s 4K Ultra HD Spotlight channel or from some of the most popular video streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube and Vudu.
- High Definition: Also available are a range of Westinghouse Roku TVs that provide the same great Roku experience in a more budget-friendly affordable HD resolution up to 1080p. Sizes include 32”, 40” and 43” (Respective MSRP’s: $169.99, $229.99, $249.99)
Westinghouse did not announce a release date other than to say they plan to release their new line of Roku TVs in 2020. Cord Cutters News is meeting with Westinghouse later today and hopes to learn more at that time.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.