Today, VIZIO announced 5 new apps coming to VIZIO SmartCast TVs in partnership with the Matchpoint Blueprint platform. These new apps include CONtv, Dove Channel, Bambu, Comedy Dynamics, and Docurama.
“We’re pleased to have Cinedigm’s Matchpoint Blueprint platform as a means for content owners and distributors to quickly and easily develop applications for VIZIO SmartCast,” said Katherine Pond, vice president of business development at VIZIO. “This will allow us to build out even more diverse programming including niche content verticals.”
“Cinedigm is proud to establish this partnership with VIZIO as we rollout the Matchpoint Blueprint platform and release our CONtv, Dove Channel, Docurama, Bambu and Comedy Dynamics apps across their SmartCast televisions,” said Tony Huidor, Cinedigm’s senior vice president of product & technology.
“VIZIO has long stood as a leader in the smart TV industry. Their strong commitment to revolutionizing and enhancing the traditional television viewing experience is a perfect complement to our own mission, and we look forward to working with them further to provide consumers with the absolute best user experience on the market today,” Huidor continued.
Here is how VIZIO describes the channels:
- CONtv—The leading digital-first entertainment network devoted exclusively to pop culture fans of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, grindhouse, and rarely seen films and TV series.
- Dove Channel—A direct-to-consumer streaming service offering family-friendly and faith-based entertainment.
- Bambu—A linear Chinese entertainment channel offering content previously unavailable to the U.S. audience.
- Comedy Dynamics—A linear channel presenting 24/7 stand-up comedy specials curated by Comedy Dynamics’ staff. Specials include Jim Gaffigan, Kevin Hart, and Tiffany Haddish.
- Docurama—A streaming service dedicated to delivering high-quality documentary films suited to viewers of all tastes carefully curated by the industry’s top experts and critics.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.