ViacomCBS has plans to give CBS All Access a new look and a new name by launching Paramount+ next year.
The company shared the news on Twitter.
According to ViacomCBS, Paramount+ will launch in early 2021and will be a rebrand of CBS All Access. The streaming service will include content from the company’s portfolio, including broadcast, news, sports, and its popular entertainment brands, like MTV, BET, Comedy Central, CBS, Paramount Television Studios, Nickelodeon, and Smithsonian Channel. The service will also include movies from Paramount Pictures.
“The Paramount brand is known and loved all around the world, and is synonymous with great entertainment. It’s always brought people together, which makes it a perfect fit for a streaming service that’s uniquely positioned to do the same,” says Josh Line, chief brand officer, ViacomCBS. “The Paramount+ streaming service will elevate ViacomCBS’ iconic family of brands.”
The company hopes that attaching the Paramount name to the service will build interest and give customers the expectation of high quality.
ViacomCBS has already announced some of the originals that will appear on the service, including a spy drama by the creator of Yellowstone and a scripted series about producer Al Ruddy’s experiences making The Godfather. Here’s a look at what’s coming:
- The Offer: a 10 episode scripted limited event series from Paramount Television Studios, based on Oscar-winning producer Al Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-revealed experiences of making “The Godfather.”
- Lioness, a spy drama created by Taylor Sheridan (“Yellowstone”), Lioness follows a young Marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within. The series is produced by Paramount Network and 101 Studios.
- A reimagination of the Emmy-nominated series “Behind the Music” entitled MTV’s Behind the Music – The Top 40, which will unlock MTV’s vault from the past 40 years for a unique and intimate look at the 40 biggest artists of all time, through their voices and their eyes.
- The Real Criminal Minds: a true crime docuseries based on the hit CBS Television series, and produced by XG Productions in association with CBS Television Studios and ABC Signature.
- The service is also developing a revival of The Game as part of BET’s programming on Paramount+ from CBS Television Studios and Grammnet Productions.
The new originals, including the previously announced Spongebob series Kamp Koral, will join the existing lineup of over 20,000 episodes and movies spanning all of ViacomCBS’ brands. Leading up to the launching of Paramount+, CBS All Access will continue to add content and will have 30,000 episodes and movies while developing new original series.
“The response from consumers in just the early weeks of the service’s expansion already illustrates the tremendous opportunity ahead of us in bringing these phenomenal ViacomCBS brands together in one premium streaming home under the new Paramount+ name,” said Marc DeBevoise, Chief Digital Officer, ViacomCBS and President & Chief Executive Officer, ViacomCBS Digital. “With the addition of even more content from across the portfolio as well as the new exclusive originals we are announcing today, we look forward to the early 2021 rebrand and bringing existing and new subscribers more of the compelling, genre-spanning live sports, breaking news and mountain of entertainment ViacomCBS has to offer.”
Check out a video of what to expect from Paramount+, below.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help