Verizon recently announces that Wireless and Fios customers would have access to several learning tools and premium TV channels at no additional cost. Now, Verizon will be adding HBO, Cinemax, and Starz to that lineup of 80+ channels that customers can enjoy while spending more time at home.
“Connectivity is incredibly important during times of crisis, so we’re doing as much as we can to help meet the evolving needs of families at a time like this,” said Ronan Dunne, CEO Verizon Consumer Group. “We know customers are staying home and trying to manage the new normal, so we’re giving them more ways to learn and watch at no added cost, and we’ll continue to add more tools and resources as they become available.”
Beginning later this month, Verizon customers will gain access to these online learning and study support resources:
- Quizlet: Students and teachers can get a Quizlet Plus account to study languages, science, math, history and more with engaging learning tools and flashcards.
- Bookful: Children can bring books to life with hundreds of augmented reality and 3D interactive education books and games to improve comprehension.
- Chegg: Students will have access to the new Chegg Study Pack with step-by-step textbook solutions, expert Q&A, practice tests, grammar and plagiarism checkers, and a step-by-step math solver.
- Epic!: Parents and children will get access to Epic’s 40,000-book digital library, trusted by more than one million teachers, and built for safety, discoverability and fun.
Customers can visit Verizon.com and follow instructions to access these engaging learning and studying services in April, as available.
Also beginning this week, Verizon Fios customers not already subscribed to premium channels will get 30 days of programming at no additional cost, including:
- SHOWTIME: Get 30 days of award-winning original series including Homeland and Billions, as well as films and documentaries.
- Epix: Get 30 days of top Hollywood hits and acclaimed original series, including Godfather of Harlem and Belgravia, premiering April 12, on Verizon.
- Gaiam TV Fit and Yoga: Get 30 days of instructional exercise videos, yoga, pilates and meditation with this free preview.
- HBO: April 17-20, access the most talked about shows and movies like Westworld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Outsider.
- Cinemax: April 17-20, watch entertainment that keeps you on the edge of your seat, with series like Strike Back, and thrilling movies.
- Starz: April 17-23, escape the ordinary with access to hundreds of hit movies and obsessable original series like Outlander and Power.
- Sports: Watch free replays of classic NBA games from NBA League Pass and select NHL games from NHL Center Ice.
According to the announcement, Verizon plans to add even more content soon.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!