Today Verizon announced that they are giving away a free year of Disney+ to all Verizon customers who have an unlimited data plan. This comes as Verizon is now the exclusive wireless carrier of Disney+.
“Giving Verizon customers an unprecedented offer and access to Disney+ on the platform of their choice is yet another example of our commitment to provide the best premium content available through key partnerships on behalf of our customers,” said Verizon Chairman and CEO Hans Vestberg. “Our work with Disney extends beyond Disney+ as we bring the power of 5G Ultra Wideband technology to the entertainment industry through exciting initiatives with Disney Innovation Studios and in the parks,” he added.
“The launch of Disney+ kicks off a new era of streaming for The Walt Disney Company, bringing nearly a century’s worth of content from our iconic studios to consumers directly,” said Kevin Mayer, Chairman, Direct-to-Consumer & International, The Walt Disney Company. “We’re excited to share this moment with Verizon and bring Disney+ to the millions of customers across its award-winning wireless network.”
The free year will start when Disney+ launches on November 12th, 2019. Verizon customers will need to go to http://verizon.com/disneyplus take advantage of their free year.
Here are the devices Disney+ will support:
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase);
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation®4 and all Android based Sony TVs);
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
Here are some of the highlights:
- The entire Disney Vault will be available on Disney+.
- All of Star Wars will live on Disney+ within a year of the streaming service’s launch.
- The Disney+ library will include Over 5,000 episodes of Disney Channel and Disney Junior content and Disney original movies of the past.
- Disney+ will have the entire Pixar library available to stream within the first year.
- The library will also include 30 seasons of The Simpsons. (However, Family Guy and American Dad will not be included in the content library.)
- The Muppets are coming to Disney+ in shorts and other content.
Disney+ will support offline viewing by offering unlimited downloads for TV shows and movies. 4K HDR content will also be available.