Verizon’s 5G Ultra Wideband network is now available in parts of New York City, Boise Idaho and Panama City. This makes a total of 13 cities that have access to Verison’s 5G Ultra Wideband service.
This high speed network means the difference of downloading movies in mere seconds rather than minutes, and real-time experiences with lower latency.
“We’re continuing to build and expand our 5G Ultra Wideband network in both large cities, like New York and Chicago, and in smaller cities like Boise, Panama City and Providence,” says Kyle Malady, Verizon’s Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “Today our customers can expect to find our 5G Ultra Wideband network in business districts and public spaces where residents gather and tourists visit, and it will expand quickly to other areas as well. Last year we made a commitment to our customers in Panama City to include 5G as part of our comprehensive network rebuild in response to Hurricane Michael. We are delivering on that promise.”
Verizon plans to expand 5G access to more than 30 cities by the end of this year.
Here is a list of the new areas you can access 5G Ultra Wideband:
New York City
- Manhattan: Midtown, Financial District, Harlem, East Harlem, Hell’s Kitchen and Washington Heights.
- Brooklyn: Downtown Brooklyn
- The Bronx: Pelham Bay, Fordham Heights, and Hunt’s Point
- Around Landmarks: Bryant Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Madison Square Garden, Trinity Park (Brooklyn), the Lincoln Tunnel (Manhattan Entrance), Javits Center on 11th Ave between 36th and 37th, and the Theatre District on Broadway between 49th and 52nd
- Downtown Boise
- West Boise
- West End
- Boise Junction around such landmarks as the Idaho State Capitol, St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center, Fort Boise Park, Capital City Event Center, and Boise Town Square.
- Downtown Panama City
- Forest Park
- Lower Grand Lagoon in Panama City Beach
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!