Yesterday Twitter announced that it has made it easier to Tweet along with the videos you are watching on its Apple TV Twitter app. Now you can use your phone to send tweets related to the show you are watching on your Apple TV.
Connect your Apple devices and Tweet while you watch! Update to the latest Twitter app for Apple TV. pic.twitter.com/72FV2fWOAZ
— Twitter Live (@TwitterLive) October 11, 2017
“People love to Tweet while watching their favorite TV shows because it allows everyone to experience what’s happening together. This update combined with Twitter’s daily programming that’s shaped by Tweets from the audience helps enable true interactive TV,” said Ryan Troy Twitter TV product manager.
Here is how you can set it up:
- Open Twitter on your iOS device and on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV
- Use the Siri Remote while in Twitter for Apple TV, long press for 3 seconds
- Select @anyone to link your iOS device with your Apple TV
- Send any Tweet from the live timeline on the TV to your iOS device
- Join the conversation on your iOS device and reply, like, retweet—you can even add images and GIFs
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.