Here are some of the new and expanded deals Twitter announced today:
- ESPN SportsCenter Live: When news breaks, ESPN will bring fans unparalleled coverage in Twitter Moments and video with @SCLive, a Twitter take on its flagship program and an extension of its popular @SportsCenter handle that reaches more than 35 million sports fans. Blending insight, analysis, and reporting from a wide array of talent and reporters, @SCLive will deliver robust breaking news coverage through the innovation of the Moments experience.
- Fantasy Focus Live: ESPN’s award-winning and most popular fantasy sports podcast will now also be live streamed daily on Twitter. Each morning, fantasy experts Matthew Berry, Field Yates, Stephania Bell and Daniel Dopp will provide player previews, injury reports, game overviews and strategies, as well as featured guests and interviews, throughout the football season. The show will take fan questions and opinions, and engage the Twitter audience using key football moments and social content.
- Formula 1: F1 fans will now be able to access a post-race show exclusively live on Twitter, featuring highlights, analysis, and interviews. Starting with the Spanish Grand Prix on May 13 and continuing for a further nine rounds of the 2018 Championship, each show will be hosted by leading broadcaster Will Buxton alongside a number of the sport’s legends.
- MLB: In addition to the recently announced weekly live stream MLB game and highlights package, MLB will live stream a brand new show on Twitter around the MLB All-Star Game and Postseason.
- MLS: Off the heels of a new three-year partnership that features live streamed MLS matches, highlights, and live halftime shows on the platform, Twitter will host the 2018 MLS Homegrown Game presented by Energizer. The annual showcase of top, young MLS academy talent will be live streamed on Twitter and will feature a live halftime show as part of the 2018 MLS All-Star festivities.
- Bleacher Report: Bleacher Report is bringing House of Highlights LIVE to Twitter. House of Highlights has harnessed the power of social to own the sports highlight space. With million of followers that rely on it every day to keep them in the know, House of Highlights has reinvented the modern day highlights show. On House of Highlights LIVE, athletes and celebrities alike will join Omar, HoH founder, for an inside look into what it takes to breakthrough online. Together they will find and share the most entertaining moments on and off the field.
- The Players’ Tribune: #Verified returns for the second straight season, featuring some of the top draft prospects in both the NFL and NBA sharing their insight, reactions and timely takes on topics on and off the field. Driven by Twitter and fan-submitted questions, the show is a modern forum for athletes to connect directly with fans, live and exclusively on Twitter. The show is presented by American Family Insurance.
- Barstool Sports: “Barstool Live” is an 8-episode series exclusively on Twitter featuring live, original content from top sporting events across the country. Each 30-minute episode will feature hosts Pat McAfee, Dan “Big Cat” Katz and PFT Commenter along with a rotating roster of Barstool’s top talent and special guests live onsite.
- Call of Duty® World League: The Call of Duty World League will deliver highlights and Championship Sunday from each of the remaining events in its record-setting season schedule, which features the best Call of Duty esports teams from around the world competing for a $4.2 million prize pool. Broadcast includes highlights and finals from CWL Anaheim Open (June 15-17), CWL Pro League- Stage 2 Playoffs (July 27-29), and the 2018 Call of Duty Championship (August 15-19).
- The Game Awards: For the third year in a row, the video game and esports industry’s biggest awards show will broadcast live on Twitter this December. Produced by Geoff Keighley, The Game Awards recognizes the best games and esports of the year alongside world premiere new game announcements and musical performances.
- Gamespot: GameSpot, the number one destination for gamers, will stream daily live video from the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and San Diego Comic-Con. Viewers worldwide will be transported to both show floors as GameSpot’s leading editorial experts deliver first looks at upcoming games, movies and shows; deep dives with developers, celebrities and gaming influencers; demos; analysis and entertainment.
- IEM: Building upon last year’s global live streaming partnership, Twitter and ESL will continue capturing all the action from the flagship event series Intel Extreme Masters with more than 700 hours of live streaming programming and highlight clips in 2018.
- IGN: E3 is the biggest week of the year for video games and IGN does E3 in a big way. IGN will stream more than 30 hours from downtown Los Angeles over six days. Live E3 coverage will include all the action from the show floor, every major platform and publisher press event, IGN hosted pre and post shows with up to the minute analysis from our expert personalities, exclusive live game demos, and the biggest names in video games from the IGN stage.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.