If you have been on any cord cutting social media group, you have probably seen ads for Turvi TV. They promised à la carte TV that would take on Sling TV and PlayStation Vue. Now they have changed their name to TeeVee.
So let’s take a look at what Turvi TV promised:
- Live local channels, sports, and national content providers
- À la carte TV package with up to 10 channels
- Video on demand including first-run movie titles
- Local programming in select markets
- On-demand cloud DVR content
- HD audio
- 5 streams at once
- $50 activation fee (They seem to be waiving the $50 activation fee if you pre-order)
Prices start at $25 or you can get a full premium package for no more than $75. I was told they could not tell us what channels would be included in the service for these prices, but they have promised access on smart TVs, Fire TV, and Roku-like devices.
Now with the change to TeeVee they seem to have changed and they promise a lot less:
- Watch instantly: never wait for a technician again
- Monthly equipment charges: no hidden fees or extra charges
- No contract or credit check: everyone qualifies and no hefty fees for cancelling your service
- HD video: enjoy great picture quality with your favorite shows
- Watch on multiple devices simultaneously: enjoy entertainment for your entire household with viewing on up to 5 devices at the same time
- True on the go television: stream from anywhere anytime with your mobile devices
- Cloud DVR: record your content from the TeeVee app and watch at your convenience
“TeeVee is your solution.” With an extensive line up of the most popular networks plus sports, movies, music, and premium channels available—you’ll never have to miss your favorite programming again!
Beyond this we do not know much. When talking with an independent marketing representative, I was told that Turvi TV is an “exclusive product of 5LINX,” which was described as a “network marketing company” that only deals through “independent marketing representatives.”
The 5LINX website states, “5LINX has helped customers live better lives since 2001 by offering life-enhancing products and services. We were recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States nine straight years. Direct Selling News—the direct sales industry’s premier publication—named 5LINX to its global 100 list of largest direct sales companies in the world in 2012, 2013, and 2014.”
The Teevee website is live, but it does not have many details. Most of our information came from reps and the 5LINX website. However, you can sign up for their service now but no details are available on when it will be coming to the public.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.