The Roku Channel is building its content library again this month, with the addition of over 30 movies, 9 TV shows, and a slate of Roku Originals. Among the TV titles are six titles from premium channel subscriptions. The Roku Channel is offering up a preview of the shows by making select episodes or, in some cases, the entire first season. We’ll also see four Roku Originals arriving on the free streaming service throughout the month, including the three new titles we heard about last week, giving you horror content just in time for Halloween.
Here’s what’s coming to The Roku Channel this month:
- Gone in Sixty Seconds – A retired master car thief must come back to the industry and steal fifty cars with his crew in one night to save his brother’s life.
- I, Robot – In 2035, a technophobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.
- Law Abiding Citizen – A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family’s killers free.
- Minority Report – In a future where a special police unit is able to arrest murderers before they commit their crimes, an officer from that unit is himself accused of a future murder.
- Night of the Sicario [Arriving 10/21] – Taylor is forced to hide the young daughter of a Colombian woman in witness protection who will be testifying against a powerful drug cartel in Federal Court, as ruthless sicarios aim to hunt them down.
- Real Steel – In the near future, robot boxing is a top sport. A struggling ex-boxer feels he’s found a champion in a discarded robot.
- Spy Kids – Using high tech gadgets, two kids have to save their reactivated OSS top spy parents when they’re taken by an evil, high tech enemy.
- Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams – The Cortez siblings set out for a mysterious island, where they encounter a genetic scientist and a set of rival spy kids.
- Spy Kids 3-d: Game Over – Carmen’s caught in a virtual reality game designed by the Kids’ new nemesis, the Toymaker. It’s up to Juni to save his sister, and ultimately the world.
- Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan – Kazakh TV talking head Borat is dispatched to the United States to report on the greatest country in the world. With a documentary crew in tow, Borat becomes more interested in locating and marrying Pamela Anderson.
- Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events – When a massive fire kills their parents, three children are delivered to the custody of cousin and stage actor Count Olaf, who is secretly plotting to steal their parents’ vast fortune.
- Monsters vs. Aliens – A woman transformed into a giant after she is struck by a meteorite on her wedding day becomes part of a team of monsters sent in by the U.S. government to defeat an alien mastermind trying to take over Earth.
- Reno 911: Miami – A rag-tag team of Reno cops are called in to save the day after a terrorist attack disrupts a national police convention in Miami Beach during spring break. Based on the Comedy Central series.
- Soul Food – One person can keep a family together and, when that one person is gone, a family can be torn apart.
- Bridge of Spies – During the Cold War, an American lawyer is recruited to defend an arrested Soviet spy in court, and then help the CIA facilitate an exchange of the spy for the Soviet captured American U2 spy plane pilot, Francis Gary Powers.
- Cold Mountain – In the waning days of the American Civil War, a wounded soldier embarks on a perilous journey back home to Cold Mountain, North Carolina to reunite with his sweetheart.
- The Green Mile – The lives of guards on Death Row are affected by one of their charges: a black man accused of child murder and rape, yet who has a mysterious gift.
- Percy vs. Goliath [Arriving 10/15] – A Canadian farmer takes on a giant corporation after their GMOs interfere with his crops.
- The Prestige – After a tragic accident, two stage magicians engage in a battle to create the ultimate illusion while sacrificing everything they have to outwit each other.
- Walk the Line – A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash’s life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recorded alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins.
- Crazy, Stupid, Love. – A middle-aged husband’s life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars.
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back – Stella is a highly successful, forty-something San Francisco stock broker who is persuaded by her colorful New York girlfriend Delilah to take a well deserved, first-class vacation to Jamaica.
- Monster In-Law – The love life of Charlotte is reduced to an endless string of disastrous blind dates, until she meets the perfect man, Kevin. Unfortunately, his merciless mother will do anything to destroy their relationship.
- Pretty Woman – A man in a legal but hurtful business needs an escort for some social events, and hires a beautiful prostitute he meets… only to fall in love.
- The Princess Bride – While home sick in bed, a young boy’s grandfather reads him the story of a farmboy-turned-pirate who encounters numerous obstacles, enemies and allies in his quest to be reunited with his true love.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show — A newly-engaged couple have a breakdown in an isolated area and must seek shelter at the bizarre residence of Dr. Frank-n-Furter.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – A young woman is held in an underground bunker by a man who insists that a hostile event has left the surface of the Earth uninhabitable.
- Halloween (1978) – Fifteen years after murdering his sister on Halloween night 1963, Michael Myers escapes from a mental hospital and returns to the small town of Haddonfield, Illinois to kill again.
- Jackie Brown – A middle-aged woman finds herself in the middle of a huge conflict that will either make her a profit or cost her life.
- No Country for Old Men – Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon a drug deal gone wrong and more than two million dollars in cash near the Rio Grande.
- The Ring – A journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone one week to the day after they view it.
- Charmed (1998) [Arriving 10/15] – Three sisters discover their destiny, to battle against the forces of evil, using their witchcraft. They are the Charmed Ones.
- Chicago Med [Arriving 10/15] – The city’s most highly skilled medical team saves lives, while navigating their unique interpersonal relationships.
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch – When a sixteen-year-old high school student finds out she’s a witch, her two aunts offer guidance on how to control her newly-discovered magical powers.
Unlocked Premium TV Series
- Chapelwaite (EPIX) [First 2 episodes] – In the 1850s, Captain Charles Boone relocates his family to his ancestral home in the small, sleepy town of Preacher’s Corners. Charles will soon have to confront the secrets of his family’s history and fight to end the darkness.
- Heels (STARZ) [Select episodes] – Two brothers and rivals – one a villain, or “heel,” in the ring; the other a hero, or “face,” war over their late father’s wrestling promotion, vying for national attention in small-town Georgia.
- When Hope Calls (Hallmark) [Season 1] – Spinoff series of ‘When Calls the Heart’ centering on the lives of orphan siblings Lillian and Grace, who grow up apart but reunite later in adulthood in the early 1900s.
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond (AMC+) [Season 1] – The series will focus on the first generation to grow up during the zombie apocalypse.
- Creepshow (Shudder) [Season 1] – The fictional Creepshow comic books come to life in this anthology series of terrifying tales hosted by the silent Creepshow ghoul.
- Zombie Detective (Kocowa) [First 2 episodes] – The drama is a “human comedy” about a zombie in his second year of resurrection who becomes a detective in pursuit of his past, all the while doing his best to coexist with humans.
- When The Streetlights Go On [Arriving 10/8] – A double-homicide in a small midwestern suburb rattles the lives of a group of teenagers and sends investigators searching for answers in the fall of 1995. A meditation on growing up, the passing of time, and the insidious violence that lurks in the suburbs.
- 50 States of Fright [Arriving 10/15] – A horror anthology featuring the scariest stories from every state in the country. Executive Producer Sam Raimi brings each terrifying tale to life.
- The Toll – Suspense and supernatural horror for after the kids go to bed; starring Jordan Hayes and Max Topplin.
- The Expecting [Arriving 10/29] – AnnaSophia Robb stars in a thriller about a dark conspiracy surrounding a pregnancy. Fear is born.