The Roku Channel is adding to its streaming lineup this month, with 33 movies, 6 TV series, and 2 series premieres coming to the free streaming service throughout September. This month, watch the full Hunger Games franchise, sports film classics including Major League and Rudy, and the premieres of new seasons of Billions and The Walking Dead.
Here’s everything coming to The Roku Channel in September.
- Assault on VA-33 (Arriving 9/6) – Decorated veteran and PTSD sufferer, Jason Hill (Flanery) meets his wife, Jennifer, for lunch at the Veteran’s Affairs hospital where she works. After Jennifer is called away for an emergency consultation with the head of US Military’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, the hospital is taken hostage by heavily armed terrorists. Jason becomes the last line of defense and must battle the terrorists and his own PTSD induced demons to save his wife, the General, the hospital’s staff and patients.
- The A-Team – A group of Iraq War veterans look to clear their name with the U.S. Military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.
- Flight 93 – Flight 93 is the story of the heroic passengers that took back their plane in an effort to stop a 9-11 terrorist attack.
- Hidalgo – In 1890, a down-and-out cowboy and his horse travel to Arabia to compete in a deadly cross desert horse race.
- The Hunger Games – Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister’s place in the Hunger Games: a televised competition in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to fight to the death.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 – Katniss Everdeen is in District 13 after she shatters the games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 – Katniss and a team of rebels from District 13 prepare for the final battle that will decide the fate of Panem.
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen – In an alternate Victorian Age world, a group of famous contemporary fantasy, science fiction, and adventure characters team up on a secret mission.
- Passenger 57 – An airline security expert must take action when he finds himself trapped on a passenger jet when terrorists seize control of it.
- Reindeer Games – After assuming his dead cell-mate’s identity to get with the other man’s girlfriend, an ex-convict finds himself a reluctant participant in a casino heist.
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) – Detective Sherlock Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn with a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England.
- Wyatt Earp – From Wichita to Dodge City to the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, a man becomes a myth in this thrilling journey of romance, adventure and desperate, heroic action.
- The Beverly Hillbillies – A feature adaptation of the classic television show, when nice guy redneck Jed Clampett strikes it rich when he finds black oil, and moves him and his kin to posh Beverly Hills.
- Major League – The new owner of the Cleveland Indians puts together a purposely horrible team so they’ll lose and she can move the team. But when the plot is uncovered, they start winning just to spite her.
- Marley & Me – A family learns important life lessons from their adorable, but naughty and neurotic dog.
- The Mask – Bank clerk Stanley Ipkiss is transformed into a manic superhero when he wears a mysterious mask.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – The Griswold family’s plans for a big family Christmas predictably turn into a big disaster.
- National Lampoon’s European Vacation – The Griswolds win a vacation tour across Europe where the usual havoc ensues.
- National Lampoon’s Vacation – The Griswold family’s cross-country drive to the Walley World theme park proves to be much more arduous than they ever anticipated.
- Paddington – A young Peruvian bear travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he meets the kindly Brown family, who offer him a temporary haven.
- Weekend at Bernie’s – Two losers try to pretend that their murdered employer is really alive, leading the hitman to attempt to track him down to finish him off.
- What Happens in Vegas – A man and a woman are compelled, for legal reasons, to live life as a couple for a limited period of time. At stake is a large amount of money.
- The Big Short – In 2006-2007 a group of investors bet against the US mortgage market. In their research, they discover how flawed and corrupt the market is.
- Dances with Wolves – Lieutenant John Dunbar, assigned to a remote western Civil War outpost, befriends wolves and Indians, making him an intolerable aberration in the military.
- Gattaca – A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel.
- Notorious – The life and death story of The Notorious B.I.G. (a.k.a. Christopher Wallace), who came straight out of Brooklyn to take the world of rap music by storm.
- Rudy – Rudy has always been told that he was too small to play college football. But he is determined to overcome the odds and fulfill his dream of playing for Notre Dame.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – A Chicago librarian has a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel, creating complications in his marriage.
- Trainspotting – Renton, deeply immersed in the Edinburgh drug scene, tries to clean up and get out, despite the allure of the drugs and influence of friends.
- The Truman Show – An insurance salesman discovers his whole life is actually a reality TV show.
- Unfaithful – A New York suburban couple’s marriage goes dangerously awry when the wife indulges in an adulterous fling.
- The Untouchables – During the era of Prohibition in the United States, Federal Agent Eliot Ness sets out to stop ruthless Chicago gangster Al Capone and, because of rampant corruption, assembles a small, hand-picked team to help him.
- Bull – Brilliant, brash, and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition, and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses, and the accused tick.
- Cold Case – The Philadelphia homicide squad’s lone female detective finds her calling when she’s assigned “cold cases”, older crimes that have never been solved.
- Hot Bench (Arriving 9/15) – A panel of three judges hear court cases, argue the merits of the case amongst themselves, and render a verdict.
- Judge Joe Brown (Arriving 9/15) – Judge Joe Brown judges people.
- Ugly Betty – Smart but wholesome Betty embraces her unique appearance and independent attitude in the cutthroat world of New York fashion.
- Without a Trace – Series about the special FBI Missing Persons Squad that finds missing people by applying advanced psychological profiling to reveal the victims lives.
TV Series Premieres
- Billions (Arriving 9/5) – Wealth, influence and corruption collide in this drama set in New York. Stream the premiere of season 5 for free on The Roku Channel.
- The Walking Dead – In the years following a zombie apocalypse, survivors seek refuge in a world overrun by the dead. The season 11 premiere is now streaming free.