Not only is The Roku Channel getting an update for the holidays, but it’s also adding three dozen new titles to its regular lineup for the month. In December, The Roku Channel is bringing you movies like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sister Act, and How to Train Your Dragon.
Here’s everything coming to The Roku Channel this month.
- Die Hard – An NYPD officer tries to save his wife and several others taken hostage by German terrorists during a Christmas party at the Nakatomi Plaza in Los Angeles.
- Die Hard 2 – John McClane attempts to avert disaster as rogue military operatives seize control of Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C.
- Die Hard with a Vengeance – John McClane and a Harlem store owner are targeted by German terrorist Simon in New York City, where he plans to rob the Federal Reserve Building.
- Live Free or Die Hard – John McClane and a young hacker join forces to take down master cyber-terrorist Thomas Gabriel in Washington D.C.
- Shaft – JJ Shaft, a cyber security expert with a degree from MIT, enlists his family’s help to uncover the truth behind his best friend’s untimely death.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – When a kingpin threatens New York City, a group of mutated turtle warriors must emerge from the shadows to protect their home.
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid – Wyoming, early 1900s. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid are the leaders of a band of outlaws. After a train robbery goes wrong, they find themselves on the run with a posse hard on their heels. Their solution – escape to Bolivia.
- Edward Scissorhands – An artificial man, who was incompletely constructed and has scissors for hands, leads a solitary life. Then one day, a suburban lady meets him and introduces him to her world.
- Gattaca – A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel.
- My Son – Driving in the heart of the Highlands, Edmond Murray receives a call from his ex-wife, in tears. Their 7-year-old son went missing from a campsite. Soon it becomes clear that the child was kidnapped and the parents give way to despair.
- The Forgettable Life of Liam White – An author fights for his life while reconciling his past.
- Unforgiven – Retired Old West gunslinger William Munny reluctantly takes on one last job, with the help of his old partner Ned Logan and a young man, The “Schofield Kid.”
- Bridget Jones’s Baby – Forty-something and single again, Bridget decides to focus on her job and surround herself with friends. In a twist, she finds herself pregnant, but with one hitch – she can only be fifty percent sure of the identity of her baby’s father.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary – Bridget Jones is determined to improve herself while she looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary.
- Chocolat – A French woman and her young daughter open up a chocolate shop in a small remote village that shakes up the rigid morality of the community.
- Serendipity – A couple search for each other years after the night they first met, fell in love, and separated, convinced that one day they’d end up together.
- The Wedding Planner – Mary Fiore is San Francisco’s most successful supplier of romance and glamor. She knows all the tricks. She knows all the rules. But then she breaks the most important rule of all: she falls in love with the groom.
- Bringing Down the House – When a lonely guy meets a woman on the internet who happens to be in prison, she breaks out to get him to prove her innocence, and proceeds to wreak havoc on his middle-class life.
- Grumpier Old Men – John and Max resolve to save their beloved bait shop from turning into an Italian restaurant, just as its new female owner catches Max’s attention.
- Grumpy Old Men – A lifelong feud between two neighbors since childhood only gets worse when a new female neighbor moves across the street.
- Jingle All the Way – A father vows to get his son a Turbo Man action figure for Christmas. However, every store is sold out of them, and he must travel all over town and compete with everybody else in order to find one.
- Popper’s Penguins – The life of a businessman begins to change after he inherits six penguins, and as he transforms his apartment into a winter wonderland, his professional side starts to unravel.
- Pineapple Express – A process server and his marijuana dealer wind up on the run from hitmen and a corrupt police officer after he witnesses his dealer’s boss murder a competitor while trying to serve papers on him.
- Secondhand Lions – A coming-of-age story about a shy, young boy sent by his irresponsible mother to spend the summer with his wealthy, eccentric uncles in Texas.
- Sister Act – When a nightclub singer is forced to take refuge from the mob in a convent, she ends up turning the convent choir into a soulful chorus complete with a Motown repertoire, until the sudden celebrity of the choir jeopardizes her identity.
- Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit – Showgirl Deloris Van Cartier returns as Sister Mary Clarence to teach music to a group of Catholic students whose run-down school is slated for closure.
- Stuart Little – The Little family adopt a charming young mouse named Stuart, but the family cat wants rid of him.
- The Haunting – A study in fear escalates into a heart-stopping nightmare for a professor and three subjects trapped in a mysterious mansion.
- Scream – A year after the murder of her mother, a teenage girl is terrorized by a new killer, who targets the girl and her friends by using horror films as part of a deadly game.
- Scream 2 – Two years after the first series of murders, as Sidney acclimates to college life, someone donning the Ghostface costume begins a new string of killings.
- Scream 3 – While Sidney and her friends visit the Hollywood set of Stab 3, the third film based on the Woodsboro murders, another Ghostface killer rises to terrorize them.
- A Time to Kill – In Canton, Mississippi, a fearless young lawyer and his assistant defend a black man accused of murdering two white men who raped his ten-year-old daughter, inciting violent retribution and revenge from the Ku Klux Klan.
- How to Train Your Dragon – A hapless young Viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed.
- Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs – Princes who have been turned into Dwarfs seek the red shoes of a lady in order to break the spell, although it will not be easy. A parody with a twist.
- Rio 2 – It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel, and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel and meets his father-in-law.
- Rise of the Guardians – When the evil spirit Pitch launches an assault on Earth, the Immortal Guardians team up to protect the innocence of children all around the world.