Roku is bringing a new slate of titles to its free streaming service this month. Highlights for April include Jack Nicholson being incredibly creepy in The Shining, a dancing gopher in Caddyshack, and two best friends telling a white lie about inventing Post Its in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion.
Here’s what’s new on The Roku Channel in April.
- Courage Under Fire – A U.S. Army officer, despondent about a deadly mistake he made, investigates a female chopper commander’s worthiness for the Medal of Honor.
- Exodus: Gods and Kings – The defiant leader Moses rises up against Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses II, setting six hundred thousand slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.
- The Spy Who Dumped Me – Best friends Audrey and Morgan unwittingly become entangled in an international conspiracy when one of them discovers that the boyfriend who dumped her was actually a spy.
- Risen – In 33 AD, a Roman Tribune in Judea is tasked to find the missing body of Jesus Christ, who rose from the dead.
- Coyote Ugly – Aspiring songwriter Violet Sanford, after getting a job at a women-run NYC bar that teases its male patrons, comes out of her shell.
- A Civil Action – A tenacious lawyer takes on a case involving a major company responsible for causing several people to be diagnosed with leukemia due to the town’s water supply being contaminated, at the risk of bankrupting his firm and career.
- The Bodyguard – A former Secret Service agent takes on the job of bodyguard to an R&B singer, whose lifestyle is most unlike a President’s.
- Trouble with the Curve – A daughter tries to remedy her dysfunctional relationship with her ailing father, a decorated baseball scout, by helping him in a recruiting trip which could be his last.
- The Bank Job – Martine offers Terry a lead on a foolproof bank hit on London’s Baker Street. She targets a roomful of safe deposit boxes worth millions in cash and jewelry along with a treasure trove of dirty secrets.
- Country Strong – A rising country-music songwriter works with a fallen star to work their way to fame, causing romantic complications along the way.
- Searching (2018) – After his teenage daughter goes missing, a desperate father tries to find clues on her laptop.
- Jennifer’s Body – A newly-possessed high-school cheerleader turns into a succubus who specializes in killing her male classmates. Can her best friend put an end to the horror?
- The Shining – A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where a sinister presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from both past and future.
- Bride Wars (2009) – Two best friends become rivals when they schedule their respective weddings on the same day.
- Something to Talk About – A woman’s world is rocked when she discovers her husband is cheating on her.
- Cruel Intentions – Two vicious step-siblings of an elite Manhattan prep school make a wager: to deflower the new headmaster’s daughter before the start of term.
- You’ve Got Mail – Book superstore magnate, Joe Fox and independent book shop owner, Kathleen Kelly fall in love in the anonymity of the Internet both blissfully unaware that he’s trying to put her out of business.
- Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion – Two dim-witted, inseparable friends hit the road for their ten-year high school reunion and concoct an elaborate lie about their lives in order to impress their classmates.
- 3000 – Aging baseball star who goes by the nickname, Mr. 3000, finds out many years after retirement that he didn’t quite reach 3,000 hits. Now at age 47 he’s back to try and reach that goal.
- When Harry Met Sally… – Harry and Sally have known each other for years, and are very good friends, but they fear sex would ruin the friendship.
- Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo – Deuce is tricked again into man-whoring by T.J., only in Amsterdam while other man-whores are being murdered in his midst.
- Caddyshack – An exclusive golf course has to deal with a brash new member and a destructive dancing gopher.
- Caddyshack 2 – When a crass new-money tycoon’s membership application is turned down at a snooty country club, he retaliates by buying the club and turning it into a tacky amusement park.
- Robots (2005) – In a robot world, a young idealistic inventor travels to the big city to join his inspiration’s company, only to find himself opposing its sinister new management.