Roku announced today that it is expanding its free live/linear channel lineup on The Roku Channel in the US beginning today. The Roku Channel will now include over 100 channels. Roku is also introducing a Live TV Channel Guide to make finding and watching free content even easier.
“Now more than ever it’s important for our users to have easy access to free content, such as news, and the ability to find it quickly,” said Ashley Hovey, Director, AVOD Growth, Roku. “We’re excited to enhance the streaming experience through a Live Channel TV Guide and bring more free content from The Roku Channel to the forefront.”
The Roku channel has grown to include over 100,000 movie and TV titles. An estimated 36 million viewers watched for free in Q1 alone.
“As consumer options for content continue to expand, Roku has met audience demand by growing their platform in smart ways that make it easy for users to discover new content,” said Mark Garner, executive vice president, Digital Content Licensing & Business Development, A+E Networks. “We’re pleased to extend our streaming footprint by creating new brands, like Lively Place and Crime360, with content that appeals to their unique and engaged customer base.”
“Joining the Roku platform allows Reuters to reach a new and engaged audience of news consumers,” said Jessica April, Director Strategic Partnerships, Reuters. “It’s a critical time for accurate and unbiased news coverage, and we’re excited to partner with Roku to deliver our world-class journalism to their users.”
Here are just some of the channels you’ll find on The Roku Channel, spanning all genres.
- News: ABC News Live, Black News Channel, Cheddar, Newsmax TV, NowThis, Reuters, Top Stories by Newsy, USA TODAY, WeatherNation, Yahoo Finance and more
- Sports: Adventure Sports Network powered by XUMO, ACC Digital Network, beIN SPORTS Xtra, EDGEsport, ESTV, fubo Sports Network, MAVTV Select, Outside TV, Stadium and more
- Movies and TV: Crime360, FilmRise Action, FilmRise Classic TV, FilmRise Family, FilmRise Free Movies, Gravitas Movies, Redbox Free Movies, Voyager Documentaries, and more
- Kids & Family: Ameba powered by XUMO, Battery Pop powered by XUMO, Kid Gamer TV from Studio71, Kid Genius powered by XUMO, KIDZ BOP TV, pocket.watch, Teletubbies, Toon Googles, TG Junior, Rainbow Ruby, Zoomoo and more
- Lifestyle: A+E Lively Place, The Bob Ross Channel, Bon Appétit, Condé Nast Traveler, The Design Network, DIY Daily, Food52, Glamour, GQ, Love Nature, Revry, This Old House, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Tastemade and more
- Spanish Language: AFV Español, América TeVé, Latido Music, Love Nature Español, MOOVIEMEX by Pongalo, and Pongalo NovelaClub
You’ll find the Live TV Channel Guide on a new Live TV tile on The Roku Channel. Press the ‘left’ button on your Roku remote at any time while watch live to bring the guide back up.
The new channels are available beginning today. The guide will be rolling out over the coming weeks.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!