Roku today announced the highly anticipated Roku 4 streaming player with 4K Ultra HD. With access to one of the biggest streaming channel lineups including 300,000 movies and TV episodes and the industry’s most comprehensive and only unbiased universal voice search, to make finding what to stream is simple with the new Roku 4. With Remote Finder now consumers will no longer need to look for their remote control.
“The Roku 4 is our best streaming player ever,” said Roku Founder and CEO Anthony Wood. “It provides an amazing 4K experience with powerful performance and brilliant picture, at up to 60 frames per second on 4K TVs, and access to the most streaming channels with 4K entertainment, plus innovative features like Remote Finder. Powered by the new Roku OS 7, the Roku 4 gives consumers a new era of streaming performance and control over their entertainment.”
The Roku 4 Highlights:
- Brilliant picture and stunning performance for both 4K UHD TVs and HD TVs
- Quad-Core processor, up to 60 fps 4K streaming, HDCP 2.2 and Optical Audio Out
- Sleek 1080p home screen and user interface
- 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi for optimal wireless
- Access to more streaming channels for 4K entertainment than any other streaming player with selections from Netflix, M-Go, Amazon Instant Video, ToonGoogles, Vudu and YouTube
- Curated 4K Spotlight channel exclusive to Roku 4 offers instant access to 4K movies, TV shows and more
- 4K UHD category within the Roku Channel Store to make finding streaming channels with 4K entertainment quick and easy
- Remote control with voice search, headphone jack for private listening, and Remote Finder
- Roku mobile app for Android and iOS offering full device control, personalized screensavers for the Roku 4 and soon, on-the-go access for following entertainment when away from home
New Mobile App
Roku is also releasing a major update to the free Roku Mobile App for iOS and Android making it easier for consumers to access key features including Roku Search, Roku Feed, Remote Control and Play on Roku. Now, with just the tap of the screen, consumers can instantly access Voice Search, view and add to Roku Feed, launch Play on Roku to display their photos and videos on the big screen and much more. Similar to the Roku Home Screen, the Roku Mobile App also displays notifications to make consumers aware of new updates in the Roku Feed. Additionally “Pinch to zoom” capabilities let consumers view every detail of their personal photos. Consumers with 4K photos on their mobile device can cast their photos and even create new screen savers that play when Roku 4 is idle.
Support For Hotels And Dorm Rooms
Hotel and Dorm Connect is a new feature that allows consumers to connect their Roku player, Roku TV and Roku Streaming Stick® to Wi-Fi networks that require sign-in through a web browser like those commonly found in hotel rooms, college dorms and other public locations. Consumers simply connect their Roku device to the password-protected network, sign-in with their login credentials using the browser on their mobile phone, tablet or laptop, and they’re ready to start streaming. Now consumers have TV on their terms anywhere they go, whether it’s after a long day of classes, on a family vacation or in the hotel on a business trip.
The Roku 4 is available for pre-order today from www.roku.com and major retailers for a MSRP of $129.99. It will be available in October. Roku OS 7 will be rolled out to current-generation Roku players and Roku TVs through a software update beginning in mid-October and is expected to be completed in November.