On May 23rd, 2023, HBO Max will be rebranded to Max. On most devices, the HBO Max will update on that date to be the new max service. Warner Bros. Discovery said some devices would need to download a new app, and it seems if you use an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, you will need to download the new Max app and switch over to that app on May 23rd.
Now though, you can pre-order the Max app to have it installed on your Apple TV or iPhone for when Max launches this month.
Here is how Warner Bros. Discovery describes the new Max service:
It’s all here. Iconic series, award-winning movies, fresh originals, and family favorites, featuring the worlds of Harry Potter, the DC Universe, and HBO. Discover the best entertainment for every mood. Introducing Max – the one to watch.
With Max you’ll get:
• Unlimited access to thousands of TV shows and movies.
• A deep library of brands and studios like HBO, Harry Potter, HGTV, TLC, Magnolia Network, Food Network, and Adult Swim.
• The largest streaming library of the DC Universe shows and movies.
• Hundreds of original series from HBO and Max.
• Award-winning shows and movies that everyone’s talking about like the HBO Original series The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, House of the Dragon, and more.
• Iconic favorite TV shows like Friends, South Park, Rick and Morty, 90-Day Fiancé, Fixer Upper, Beat Bobby Flay, House Hunters, Sesame Street, Looney Tunes, and more.
• Family-friendly entertainment for the whole household.
• Fascinating documentaries and unscripted series.
• Enjoy your favorite shows and movies at home or on-the-go. Max is available on TV, web browser, mobile, tablet, and gaming console devices. Visit max.com for a complete list of supported devices.
• Browse or search with ease across HBO, movies, series, genres, and brands.
• Download shows and movies you love to watch on-the-go with select plans. (Download limits vary by subscription plan.)
• Personalized profiles for the entire family with customizable ratings, profile PIN protection, and kid-proof exit.
• Pick up episodes and movies where you left off across your favorite devices.
• Keep up with everything you love, all in one place with My Stuff.
• Watch on multiple devices at the same time. (Limits vary by subscription plan.)
• Stream with high quality video and surround sound on select plans.
Your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current price of your plan unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the renewal. Your App Store account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can manage or cancel your subscription by visiting the App Store app or Subscriptions under Settings on your Apple device after purchase.