The Canadian-owned cable company previously known as Atlantic Broadband, Breezeline has once again expanded its cloud-based, TiVo-powered IPTV service Stream TV. Breezeline is owned by Canadian telecom Cogeco Communications and launched Stream TV in New Hampshire in February 2022.
Since then, Stream TV has expanded to brand new customers in Maine, West Virginia, and Florida, as well as parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. Remaining Pennsylvania and New York markets were activated last month, with additional Breezeline markets projected to go online this spring and summer.
Breezeline Stream TV is a live-channel streaming platform that bundles about 300 hours of cloud DVR HD recording along with access to nearly 5,000 OTT apps available through the Google Play Store, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and Disney +.
With this move, Breezeline is shutting down its traditional cable TV service and replacing it with streaming only.
Here’s what to expect from this new expansion:
- Breezeline Stream TV brings live TV, On Demand, DVR and streaming apps together in one platform for viewing on TV and mobile devices.
- Live rewind, start over, and catch-up features are available via the Stream TV device and the Breezeline Stream TV app.
- Viewers can take their shows everywhere they go, including Cloud DVR recordings.
- With Cloud DVR Max, subscribers can record up to 300 hours of HD content with unlimited recordings.
- Voice command through Google Assistant makes it easy to find a show, open an app, or receive program recommendations.
- Subscribers have access to thousands of TV apps from the Google Play Store directly from the Breezeline Stream TV device.
A Breezeline representative told Next TV that later this year, the company will begin to offer the option for Stream TV to existing TiVo customers in these markets, replacing traditional QAM-based TiVo DVR set-tops with the Stream TV streaming clients and freeing up valuable bandwidth on the operator’s network in the process.
In addition to the Stream TV expansion, Breezline is also offering a bottom-level “Base + TV” bundle, a platform that includes internet service at 100 Megabits per second plus Breezeline Stream TV, for $49.97 a month, not including taxes and fees.
The representative also told Next TV that customers “ really like the service.” In Ohio, 71% of Stream TV subscribers surveyed indicate they’re “likely” or “highly likely” to recommend the service, while remaining subscribers said they would be somewhat likely to do so.
As of an end of 2022 report, Breezeline has about 309,627 active subscribers on their platform.