Update: To find a full list of the best Android TV boxes of 2016 please click HERE.
It is still early in 2015 being only April, but lets take a look at the best Android TV boxes of 2015 so far. Now the boxes don’t have to have come out in 2015 to be on this list. They just have to be the best Android TV boxes available at this time.
Here is our top 3:
- Beautiful box to rival any set top box. No need to hide this behind your TV
- Best user interface I have used on one of these boxes
- The Quad Core box is a huge improvement over the older version
- 4K video playback
- 802.11ac WiFi a must for streaming especially 4K
- Comes with a good remote and a HDMI cable
- 2GB Ram and 16GB HD
- Very powerful for the price
- Never crashed or hung up in our testing
- XBMC/Kodi pre-installed and setup
- No software setup required
- Very smooth when playing 1080p
- Remote controls can turn the TV on and off
- Small but powerful stick
- Cheap price point
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Quad-Core Processor
All of these boxes run Kodi and the older version XBMC. They also have the Google Play store allowing you to install apps like Netflix and Hulu.