If you have an Apple TV it’s time to check for an update. tvOS 16.3 is now live.
With the tvOS 16.3 update, you won’t find any crazy new features as you did in 16.2 but you will find a lot of quality-of-life improvements. The 16.3 update to tvOS is full of bug fixes and improvements to the Apple TV this time. Some you may notice some you likely won’t but all of them should help make your Apple TV a far better devices than you had with 16.2.
Update: Apple has posted the change notes for tvOS 16.3 and listed them as “this update includes general performance and stability improvements.”
So far Apple has not posted a whats new post yet. Have you noticed any improvements in 16.3? Leave us a comment and let us know.
You can update your Apple TV by going into the System settings and selecting Software update.
You can find the tvOS 16.3 security update notes HERE.
Missed all the changes in 162? Here is the full change log for 16.2:
- Get personalized recommendations, play your favorite music, and more at any time with Recognize My Voice support for up to six different family members. Try “What should I watch?” “Play my music,” or “Switch to my profile.”
- Set your Siri language to be different from the one your Apple TV displays. Go to Settings > General > Siri Language.
- Now includes language support for Danish in Denmark, French and German in Luxembourg, and English in Singapore to help you find shows, music, and more using just your voice.
- Sing along to your favorites with beat-by-beat, real-time lyrics.
- Control the vocal volume on millions of songs with Apple TV 4K (3rd generation).