Soon you may be able to save your Tablo recordings not to a hard drive in your house but to the cloud for easy access.
Recently Nuvyyo Inc, the parent company behind the Tablo DVR, posted a job opening for a Cloud Architect. According to the job listing, “The Cloud Architect will define the Amazon AWS based architecture to deliver Cloud DVR services to a large population of users over the internet. This is a hands-on role that will be responsible for both the definition and the implementation of the Cloud DVR architecture.”
This was first spotted by Dave Zatz, owner of ZatzNotFunny.com.
Go build Tablo’s cloud DVR on AWS. https://t.co/KLKigVez63
— Dave Zatz (@davezatz) February 8, 2018
Here are some more details about the job:
DUTIES AND TASKS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop an architecture to upload video from home-based DVRs and stream the recorded video to applications on devices such as smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and media streamers like Apple TV, Roku and Android TV that scales from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users
- Define AWS architecture to implement the Cloud DVR solution
- Define the IP internetworking architecture and select the network components
- Define a video streaming architecture from the S3 to the client applications
- Define the redundancy model that ensures no single point of failure will compromise the customer experience
- Define the operational model and workflows to monitor and maintain the Cloud DVR
- Define, implement, and maintain the security and authentication model
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help