Today Nuvyyo the parent company behind the Tablo DVRs announced an update to the Tablo DVR’s Roku Channel. This is not a major update but Nuvyyo says it should improve playback on recordings with the Automatic Commercial Skipping when viewing them on Roku.
Here is a full list of all the changes in the new Tablo Roku Channel:
Tablo Roku Channel Update (v. 2.11.0)
- Fixes to improve playback performance on recordings with Automatic Commercial Skip
- Adds new and improved playback error messages
To get this update just go into your Roku’s settings and select System Update. That will for an update of your Tablo Roku Channel or just wait and your Roku will auto-update in the next day or so.
In order to be eligible for commercial skip processing, your Tablo DVR’s recordings must:
- NOT be a Cloud DVR recording
Only recordings made on a Tablo’s internal or hard drive storage are currently supported.
- NOT be a manual recording
Manual recordings lack ‘program type’ details and therefore are ineligible
- Be completed successfully
In-progress, failed, and incomplete recordings are ineligible.
- Be created AFTER commercial skip has been enabled in your Tablo’s settings screen
- Have completed Fast-Forward Preview processing successfully
Here are the messages your Tablo DVR will show was your recordings are being processed.
- SUCCESS – Commercial skip is ready.
- FILTERED – Program ineligible for Commercial Skip.
- NETWORK – Commercial Skip upload failed.
- UNSUITABLE – Recording rejected from Commercial Skip.
- RECEPTION – Commercial Skip failed due to poor reception.
- OTHER FAILURE – Commercial Skip detection failed.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.