Have you been thinking of switching to T-Mobile but don’t want to bother to go to a T-Mobile store? Dread the lines, long waits, and possible upsales that can come with visiting a physical store? Now, T-Mobile will let you switch over to T-Mobile just by downloading an app on Android.
This app has already been available on iOS for some time, but now Android users can switch to a prepaid T-Mobile plan through its eSIM app without ever going into a T-Mobile store or waiting for a package.
On its website, T-Mobile describes this app as “The Prepaid eSIM app was built for travelers coming to the U.S., existing T-Mobile customers who want a secondary pre-paid line, and anyone who wants to take the Un-carrier out for a test drive to try out America’s fastest 5G network.”
How to use the T-Mobile E-Sim app according to the T-Mobile website:
- Download the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app:
- Open the app and enter your email address, then select Let’s go. Make sure the email address isn’t already used with a T-Mobile ID.
- If prompted, allow the app access to your location while you’re using the app.
- Enter the ZIP code for the primary place you’ll use T-Mobile service, usually your home, and select Continue.
- Choose your prepaid plan, then select Continue. Choose Plan details for more information on the plans.
- Review the Service terms, then select Accept if you agree.
- Enter your credit card information, with CVC/CCC and billing ZIP, set up a 6-15 digit PIN, then select Review.
- Review your order to make sure everything looks correct, then choose Submit & pay.
- Wait while we set up your T-Mobile service.
- On the “Install Cellular Plan” screen, choose Continue to download and install your eSIM.
- Follow the prompts on your device to complete your eSIM download, including giving it a name and choosing a primary line.
- If you want to use a phone number from another provider or from another line, contact us to get this started.