Today, T-Mobiel announced a new 5G internet service that will let businesses join the cord-cutting 2.0 movement. Now, businesses can get a service similar to T-Mobile 5G Home Internet, though with additional features. This new service gives businesses options for internet other than cable internet or fiber.
“Anytime we introduce a new solution, we build it to address critical business challenges, make things easier and deliver the best value for our customers,” said Mishka Dehghan, SVP, Strategy, Product, and Solutions Engineering, T-Mobile Business Group. “With Connected Workplace, we’ve brought together Cisco best-in-class Meraki network technologies with our award-winning 5G network to make it easier for businesses to streamline their network infrastructure, ease the burden on IT and improve operations.”
For cable TV companies like Spectrum and Comcast, this is bad news as they are already seeing home internet subscribers switch to 5G home internet. Now, businesses will be able to do the same with this new service.
Here is how T-Mobile describes its internet service:
- Unlimited nationwide business internet, powered by America’s most awarded 5G network
- Managed services, featuring:
- Design and onsite installation included
- 5G gateway and Wi-Fi access point device upgrades and software license renewals included
- 24×7 proactive performance monitoring of network and connected devices
- Unlimited same day configuration changes
- 24×7 support with onsite equipment repair or replacement
- Cisco Meraki cloud-managed networking solutions, including 5G gateways, access point, switches, IoT sensors and smart cameras.
- Cloud-managed security, powered by Cisco Meraki firewall
- Cisco Meraki Dashboard access for comprehensive, cloud-based network management