Do you have kids? Are you worried about offering them access to a smartphone? Now T-Mobile wants to help with a new service called T-Mobile FamilyMode.
With FamilyMode not only can you monitor what your kids do on mobile phones but with a home base device you plug into your home network you can monitor what happens inside your home.
“Today’s parents face issues that simply didn’t exist 50 years ago – are their kids safe online? What sites are they visiting? Are they spending too much time on social media? What the hell is Fortnite? These are questions that parents of my generation didn’t have to answer,” said John Legere, CEO at T-Mobile. “The typical U.S. household has five connected devices – so why do the carriers’ solutions only give you control over phones and tablets? The Duopoly’s parental controls are like a blanket that doesn’t cover your feet. T-Mobile FamilyMode is true digital peace of mind in your pocket.”
T-Mobile FamilyMode is just $10 a month plus a $20 one-time cost for the FamilyMode home device.
With T-Mobile FamilyMode, you can:
- Set daily internet limits on apps or platforms: Only give your child online access between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. on school nights, for example. Or set a half hour screen time for Netflix to watch on your teen’s TV. You can even set bedtimes for each kid—now they’ve only got online access until a certain time of night.
- Choose which platforms, sites, and apps to allow on phones and tablets: Younger kids not ready for social media? Turn off their access with one tap. Or pick and choose sites and apps to restrict—one kid’s ready for YouTube but another’s not? Control is in your hands.
- Instantly pause and resume mobile internet access: Asked the kids to do the dishes twice already, but the sink’s still full? Pause their devices easily! Last of the plates squarely put away in the cupboard? Resume!
- Filter out inappropriate content: Use customizable filters to allow or deny online access to certain sites and phone or tablet apps for each of your kids, like educational apps or Minecraft for the younger kids…Twitch and Steam for the older ones.
- Reward your kids with bonus screen time: Kiddo snagged an A on their essay and didn’t complain about meatloaf night? Go ahead, give ’em a little more time on their gaming console for Fortnite with a quick tap.
- See where your kids spend their time online: See which apps and sites your kids use and even their internet search history.
- Know where your kids are: With real-time location information, you’ve got peace of mind because you can check in on where your kids are as long as they have their phone…anytime, from virtually anywhere.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.