The Super Bowl is set, and T-Mobile wants to be ready for all the fans. Today T-Mobile announced that it has improved its network in Phoenix by as much as 10x inside State Farm stadium and by 4x around Phoenix. These are not one-time upgrades but permanent upgrades to their network.
“The network upgrades we have made to State Farm Stadium, Phoenix and the surrounding cities will provide our customers with a vastly improved experience for years to come,” said Neville Ray, President of Technology at T-Mobile. “With Ultra Capacity 5G, customers in Phoenix don’t have to worry about when or where they’ll get the best signal – they have it today.”
The permanent upgrades inside State Farm Stadium include:
- Boosting 2.5 GHz Ultra Capacity 5G coverage and capacity with indoor and outdoor DAS systems.
- Launching 600 MHz of mmWave spectrum for download speeds up to 10x faster than before.
Beyond the stadium, the upgrades include:
- Ultra Capacity 5G upgrades to areas around the stadium, with more towers, enhanced backhaul and 100 MHz of 2.5 GHz spectrum for customers to tap into.
- Capacity upgrades across the region, including dedicated Ultra Capacity 5G small cells to densify the network in areas where crowds are expected.
- These upgrades will give customers 4x faster speeds and a more reliable connection than before.
If you have ever been at a game and couldn’t use your phone, you know the pain that can cause. Hopefully, these upgrades will roll out to more markets and stadiums.