Have you been trying to decide what wireless company to go with? According to two new awards, T-Mobile now has the best network performance and 5G performance.
Today T-Mobile announced it took home several wins in two new reports from Opensignal measuring overall network performance and 5G performance, including the fastest download speeds, best overall live video experience, best overall consistent quality, and best 5G availability.
“We have built a network that is delivering our customers incredible coverage and performance,” said Ulf Ewaldsson, President of Technology at T-Mobile. “The new reports from Opensignal show why T-Mobile is THE overall network and technology leader in wireless, and it’s only going to get better for our customers as we continue delivering new innovations and capabilities.”
According to the report, T-Mobile averaged 195.5 Mbps down compared to Verizon’s 96.3 Mbps down and AT&T’s 80 Mbps down.
According to this study, T-Mobile was the winner when it came to:
- Download Speed Experience
- Upload Speed Experience
- Consistent Quality
- Video Experience
- Live Video Experience
- Games Experience
This is all great news for cord cutters as T-Mobile’s home internet service running on their 5G network has become a major player in cord cutting. These speeds and performance tests help T-Mobile 5G Home Internet stand out.
This also comes as T-Mobile has been working to make sure their networks will be online even in an emergency.
- Increasing investments in network hardening by more than 30% over the past two years to reduce service interruptions, adding fixed backup generators at critical sites nationwide.
- Adding 50% more heavy-duty disaster response satellite vehicles to its ready-to-respond fleet.
- Expanding its community support fleet with new, fully loaded RV command centers and heavy-duty Wi-Fi vehicles.
- Partnering with Pano AI and Valmont on innovative 5G emergency response.
- Participating in specialized training exercises and community events.
T-Mobile is preparing for extreme weather and other natural disasters by creating year-round emergency response teams to support customers as well as first responders. The company is rolling out a number of network and safety measures to decrease overwhelmed networks impacted by emergencies to increase recovery speed.