Today T-Mobile announced a new set of plans called Go5G Plus that replace their old Magenta plans. T-Mobile also says their new Go5G Essential plan will start at $50 a month for a limited time and give you everything the old $60 Essential plan did. The best part is it starts at $50 for a single line, and there are additional savings as you add more lines for a limited time.
T-Mobile also promises that you will be able to upgrade your phone from T-Mobile every two years. This means new and current T-Mobile customers will get the same deals.
Here are some new details on these new Go5G plans:
- Debuting Go5G Plus, the first wireless plan that guarantees new and existing customers always get the same great device deals and are upgrade-ready every two years. Plus, they get $270 in added value every month for families and more.
- Paying off your old, locked phone and giving you a brand-new one on America’s most awarded 5G network with The Easy Unlock.
- Introducing a Go Back Guarantee for switchers and a plan promotion worthy of the Un-carrier’s Decade of Disruption.
- More Hotspot Data: Get 50GB of high-speed smartphone hotspot data every month, the most in any T-Mobile consumer plan ever, to use across all your devices.
- More North America Data: Get 15GB of high-speed data in Mexico and Canada every month, with customers already using nearly 50% more in Mexico and Canada – by far the top destinations for T-Mobile customers – than in 2019! That’s 3X more high-speed data than Magenta MAX.
- More Savings: With Go5G Plus on autopay, you’ll save about $120 a year for two compared to premium plans from AT&T and Verizon. And for a limited time, you can get Go5G Plus with the third line free — saving a family of three around $500 a year compared to the Carriers premium plans.
“Ten years ago, we started the Un-carrier movement by ridding the industry of two-year service contracts. A decade after that first Un-carrier move, the Carriers are still focused on trying to lock customers down,” said Mike Sievert, CEO, T-Mobile. “At T-Mobile, we just think differently. We’re focused on being the provider you choose, not the one you’re stuck with. That’s why we created Phone Freedom … because every wireless customer deserves more freedom and fairness they can count on.”
T-Mobile says these new plans will only last two years. No longer will you be locked into 3-year contracts.
T-Mobile says they will also accept trade-ins for locked phones to AT&T and others if you want to switch to T-Mobile. This will make it easier for you to switch to T-Mobile by getting a T-Mobile phone for free just by handing over your old locked phone and signing up for T-Mobile.
“AT&T’s unlock process rivals a trip to the DMV, so we’re helping their customers avoid the aggravation,” said Mike Katz, President of Marketing, Innovation and Experience, T-Mobile. “For the first time ever, we’re not just taking locked phones off people’s hands — we’re also sending people home with a free smartphone on America’s most awarded 5G network.”
T-Mobile announced that these plans will still include Netflix for free on T-Mobile. So you will once again be able to keep watching Netflix for free with T-Mobile-eligible plans.
Small Businesses will also get these new benefits:
- Go5G Plus, a new rate plan with upgrade flexibility and the first wireless plan with equal treatment for new and existing customers today and always;
- The Easy Unlock, an emergency exit for those trapped in three-year contracts with phones locked to Carrier networks; and
- Go Back Guarantee, a fail-safe to make sure you’re with the brand you choose, not the one you’re stuck with.
Phone Freedom will be available starting April 23. The Easy Unlock and Essentials Savings are available for a limited time.