STIRR is adding to its free channel lineup again today, with three new channels from DMR launching on the platform.
The three channels include RetroCrush for classic anime, Midnight Pulp for horror and thrillers, and Cinehouse for independent films.
Said DMR Co-Founder and CEO David Chu, “We are excited to partner with STIRR to launch two new linear FAST channels, and expand the reach of Midnight Pulp. Over its first year in business, STIRR has shown tremendous growth while engaging with consumers across America, and we look forward to helping the platform expand its channel portfolio through the curated content on which our company has built its reputation over the last decade.”
“DMR has a host of content not offered by others in the space, and their channels are going to bring some of the most popular cult classics to the STIRR platform,” said Ben Lister, director of content acquisition and business development for STIRR. “Our audiences have come to expect STIRR to offer a wide variety of free programming, and this partnership furthers that mission.”
Here’s a look at what you can expect from each channel:
- Memories – Three visionary sci-fi short stories by Katsuhiro Otomo, the creator of Akira, are brought to life by the top animation studios in Japan. Featuring a script by Satoshi Kon and direction by Otomo himself.
- Lupin II: Legend of the Gold of Babylon – It’s Thugs vs. Thieves when Lupin & Co. go up against a bevy of baddies in a trans-continental trust-nobody trek after a treasure of biblical proportions!
- Appleseed – An elite swat team works against the clock to stop a terrorist plot in an utopian city run by a super computer in the original anime classic from 1988.
- Office – From legendary director Johnnie To comes this one-of-a-kind corporate culture musical set during the 2008 Financial Crisis! Chow Yun-fat and Tang Wei star.
- RiffTrax: Wonder Women – RiffTrax stars Mike, Kevin and Bill (former stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000) give their comedic riffing to this campy 70s action classic.
- Ryuji’s Journey: The Crest of a Man – The new head of a powerful family faces danger from an evil rival out for blood in this Yakuza classic.
- Alexander The Great – One of the most dazzling personalities in history, Alexander the Great was also one of its greatest commanders. His openness to the foreign cultures of the lands he conquered provides a timely touch to this lavish docu-drama.
- Anna Karenina – Vittoria Puccini, Santiago Cabrera and Benjamin Sadler star in this lavishly produced limited series adaptation of Leo Tolstoy’s classic novel.
- Peep Show – Academy Award-winner Olivia Coleman stars in this classic British comedy series about two dysfunctional friends (David Mitchell; Robert Webb) sharing a London apartment who go through the ups and downs of life.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.