For $5 a month subscribers will get access to 130 hours of content including licensed movies and documentaries such as the first five Rocky movies and others. The service will also include original content from Mandalay Sports Media and Jonathan Hock for original sports documentaries.
There will be no live sports, but there will be highlight and recap shows of all the biggest sports news from the day.
The five initial original shows slated for SI TV are:
- “The Vault”: Series revisits some of the biggest stories that have appeared in Sports Illustrated in its 63-year history with new on-camera interviews.
- “SI: Under the Cover”: Profiles of subjects from current issues of the magazine such as an interview with NFL star Julio Jones.
- “The Crossover”: A basketball lifestyle talk show about the players, games, culture, fashion, and memes, hosted by SI.com writers Matt Dollinger and Rohan Nadkarni.
- “Planet Futbol”: Hosted by the soccer writer Grant Wahl, the series delves into the sport around the globe with guests from Europe and the Americas.
- “The Line” (working title): Show about sports betting and daily fantasy sports.
You can find the new Sports Illustrated TV Amazon Channel HERE.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.