Today, Sling TV quietly added DVR support for more devices. This means that Sling TV subscribers who own a Xbox One can now use Sling TVs DVR feature if you sign up for the addon. This means Roku, Apple TV, Android TV and Android mobile device can now add Cloud DVR to their subscription at $5 per month for 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage.
When first announced Cloud DVR First Look a few weeks ago it was exclusively available for purchase to customers with an Amazon device. Now the DVR is aviliable on a wide range of devices including Roku, Fire TV, and the Apple TV to name a few.
Sling TV DVR subscribers can now record content on FOX channels this means you can now set and watch a recording that airs on FOX local networks, FOX Sports 1 (FS1), Nat Geo, and FX. If the recording is available from FOX on-demand, you will automatically be redirected to the on-demand content.
- Protect Want to watch that epic sports play over and over or keep a favorite movie from being deleted? Now you can! If you want to keep a recording, simply choose Protect in the Manage DVR section, and the recording will stay on your DVR as long as you subscribe.
- DVR Folders We know it can be time-consuming to scroll through all your recordings, so weve made it simpler by grouping shows from one series into a single folder. That way, if youre looking to catch up on every Game of Thrones episode before the premiere or binge-watch House Hunters, youll find all your recordings in one place. Roku users can currently see the new DVR Folders feature, and we will continue rolling it out to other devices soon.
- Record from Franchise Now you can record a show or series from its franchise screen, so if you search for a show like The Walking Dead, you can see episodes available on demand and set a recording for new episodes as they come out.
In addition to the new protect and folder options, other features current Cloud DVR customers love include:
- Conflict-free recording Record multiple programs simultaneously, and forget about recording conflicts.
- Keep recordings as long as you want With Sling TV, your recordings wont expire as long as you remain a Sling TV subscriber with Cloud DVR.
- Auto-managed recordings Sling TV will make room for new recordings by deleting your old recordings as you reach capacity, starting with your oldest watched recording, so you can binge on your new favorite show.
- Easy sign-up Cloud DVR is easy to add or remove from your account, just like any other Extra on Sling TV. Customers may add Cloud DVR to their Sling TV subscription by signing in to their account on sling.com and selecting Add Cloud DVR.
Here is a quick look at what is new:
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.