For months now, we have heard about a new AirTV 2 over the air DVR from Sling TV. This new DVR will stream your antenna to your Sling TV app (even if you are not a Sling TV subscriber) and let you watch and record your local channels inside your Sling TV app.
Now, after months of waiting for the new AirTV 2 from Sling TV, it is now for sale on Amazon for $99.99. Sling TV has yet to officially announced the second-gen AirTV 2, but we have heard from readers they have already received one from Amazon. This comes as the AirTV 2 was previously listed for sale for a short time on the AirTV website.
Currently, the first-gen AirTV is listed as out of stock on the AirTV website, making it very likely that this new OTA DVR will soon be officially announced.
Here is what you need to know about the new AirTV 2:
- Dual tuner local channel streamer
- WiFi enabled
- TV and mobile viewing
- Works with Sling TV
- Watch local news, sports, and more in HD without an antenna
- Stream local channels to any supported device via the Sling app
- Seamless integration of local channels into Sling (no subscription required)
- Record local channels with DVR
Here is how Amazon describes the AirTV 2 from Sling TV:
- Needed items ― an HD antenna, a media streaming player such as an AirTV player, Roku, Fire TV, AirTV Mini or an Android TV, broadband internet with at least 25Mbps (recommended), and an external Hard Drive for local Channel DVR (optional)
- Cut the cord ― AirTV connects a single HD antenna (sold separately) with your home Wi-Fi network to seamlessly stream local channels like ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more in HD throughout your house via AirTV player, Roku, Fire TV, AirTV mine and Android TV devices. Complete wireless access to the TVs in your home
- Built for Sling TV ― Seamlessly integrate local channels right alongside your favorite Sling channels for All-in-One access. *Sling subscription not required for local channels
- Watch on the go ― use the Sling TV app on your iOS or Android device to watch live or recorded content outside of your home
- Record live local channels ― record up to two shows at a time and set single-episode or Series recordings, in and outside of the home. When recording you can pause, rewind and fast-forward live TV. *External hard drive needed and sold separately
As we learn more about the new AirTV 2, we will post updates.
If you have a cord cutting tip or see something interesting like this, let us know! Send us a message on Facebook or through the contact us section of our website. Thanks to your tips we found this AirTV 2!
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.