For some time now, Sling TV subscribers have been unable to buy AirTV players. The problem started when DISH suffered a security breach that took down many of its websites, including the website for AirTV. Ever since that happened, it has not been possible to buy AirTVs from Sling TV.
AirTV devices allow Sling TV customers to stream their antennas and local channels directly into their Sling TV apps. This means their antenna and Sling TV channels are now all found inside the Sling TV app. AirTVs can also act as a DVR, allowing you to record your antenna just like you do with Sling TV programs.
Now DISH has confirmed to Cord Cutters News that Sling TV has resumed the sale of AirTV devices as Sling TV. New Sling TV customers can buy an AirTV as the signup for Sling TV. Current Sling TV customers can buy an AirTV on Amazon for the AirTV Anywhere, AirTV 2, and the AirTV Mini.
Here is how Sling TV describes the Air TV 2:
- Needed items ― an HD antenna, a media streaming player such as an AirTV player, Roku, Fire TV, AirTV Mini or an Android TV, broadband internet with at least 25Mbps (recommended), and an external Hard Drive for local Channel DVR (optional)
- Cut the cord ― AirTV connects a single HD antenna (sold separately) with your home Wi-Fi network to seamlessly stream local channels like ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and more in HD throughout your house via AirTV player, Roku, Fire TV, AirTV mine and Android TV devices. Complete wireless access to the TVs in your home
- Built for Sling TV ― Seamlessly integrate local channels right alongside your favorite Sling channels for All-in-One access. Sling subscription not required for local channels
- Watch on the go ― use the Sling TV app on your iOS or Android device to watch live or recorded content outside of your home
- Record live local channels ― record up to two shows at a time and set single-episode or Series recordings, in and outside of the home. When recording you can pause, rewind and fast-forward live TV. External hard drive needed and sold separately