One of the most popular questions we get is when will Sling TV add this or that app to its list of supported authentications? Now it seems that Sling TV is getting ready to add more apps soon.
Yesterday, during a live Twitter chat, the CEO of Sling TV Roger Lynch announced that more apps would soon be supported. He did not name all of them but did say that NBC Sports will soon be added to that list. Well he did not give a date for that app it seems clear that NBC Sports will soon be added for Sling TV subscribers.
Sling TV currently supports the following apps:
- FOX NOW (Android TV, Amazon TV, iOS, and XBOX 360 only)
- FXNOW (Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon TV, Android, Android TV, iOS, and XBOX 360 only)
- Bravo and SyFy (iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Roku, Airplay, Apple TV, XBOX One)
- Oxygen and NBC Universo ( iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Airplay)
- USANow (iOS, Android Mobile and Tablet, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku, Airplay, XBOX One)
- E! Now (iOS, Android Mobile and Tablet, Amazon Fire, Roku, Airplay Apple TV)
- MSNBC Now (iOS, Airplay)
- NFL Network (iOS, Android, Windows, Web, XBOX One, PlayStation, Apple TV, Roku)
Sling TV’s CEO Roger Lynch also announced live on Twitter Periscope that their DVR Beta will start rolling out to Fire TV, Android TV, and Android Mobile devices “very soon”. Shortly after that it will come out to the Apple TV.
Cloud DVR features
- Availability – Cloud DVR will be available across all Roku devices to beta customers who subscribe to the single-stream service, Sling Orange, and/or the multi-stream service, Sling Blue.
- Entertainment on your time – Record movies, episodes or full series, with the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content. DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording – Users may record multiple programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access – DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV’s “My TV” screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management – Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest ‘watched’ recording when capacity is full.
- Up to 100 hours of cloud DVR storage at no extra charge
- More features to come – Sling TV will continue to evolve the cloud DVR throughout the beta time period based on customer feedback and usage behavior. DVR features planned for future development include the ability to upgrade storage space and protect recordings.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.