This week Sling TV added multiple new channels to Sling TV’s free streaming service Freestream. With these new channels, you will find more movies, crime content, and more content being added.
Sling TV’s new free advertising-supported streaming television service now offers more than 370 channels after these new channels have been added and 41,000 on-demand titles. This makes it one of the largest free streaming services for cord cutters when looking at the number of free live channels.
Back when Sling TV topped 330 channels, its President released a statement. “This milestone is just the beginning of what we have in store for Sling Freestream,” said Gary Schanman, Group President, Sling TV. “We are charging full steam ahead to deliver unparalleled free live sports, news and entertainment for consumers to watch popular games, catch up on the latest headlines or enjoy award-winning TV shows, all for free.”
Here are the new channels added this week:
- Great American Adventures: Great American Media introduces “Great American Adventures” – its first channel to launch on a FAST platform. Great American Adventures includes scripted and unscripted content, featuring activities like southern cooking and D.I.Y., while celebrating Great American traditions every day and every season.
- FilmRise British TV – Anglophiles, this channel is for you. Get obsessed with hit British series like medical mystery “Doc Martin” and crime drama “Line of Duty.”
- The Dick Van Dyke Show: Binge the all-time classic American sitcom that made Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore household names.
- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction – In this non-stop marathon of the classic anthology series, host Jonathan Frakes presents five incredible stories in each episode and challenges viewers to figure out which are “fact” and which are “fiction.”
- FilmRise Family – Enjoy family movie time with epic adventures like “George and the Dragon,” hit series like “Degrassi: The Next Generation,” and other stories featuring pirates, knights, animal companions, and more.
- NOST TV – The Nostalgia Network (NOST), formerly Classic Reruns TV, is a broadcast network featuring legendary entertainment content from the 1940s through the early 1980s.
Here are the channels added to Sling TV earlier this month:
- TG Junior – TG Jr. has hundreds of fun and educational shows from categories including sing-along songs, arts and crafts and amazing animals, all for your little ones to safely enjoy.
- Toon Goggles – Toon Goggles has all your favorite kids shows including “Angry Birds,” “Talking Tom,” “Om Nom,” “Gummy Bears,” “Sonic,” “Yu-Gi-Oh!,” and many more.
- Ducktv – Ducktv, television for absolute beginners, is an original animated channel for children.
- Afroland TV – Watch free African movies, Nollywood and TV from Africa and its diaspora.
- FilmRise Comedy – Laugh along to our funniest films like “Bernie” and “Relative Strangers,” and silly series like Lorne Michaels’ sketch comedy show “Above Average Presents” and Simu Liu-led sitcom “Kim’s Convenience.”
- FilmRise Food – Satisfy your appetite for cooking competitions with “Iron Chef” and Gordon Ramsay’s cooking specials during every meal of the day.
“We’re constantly aiming to offer more of what consumers want, and with our new channels we thoughtfully curated content, from horror and thriller movies to kids TV, and Black and women-led programming, to create unique channels exclusively for Sling Freestream users,” Shanman added.
Sling Freestream is available through the Sling app on Amazon, Roku, Comcast, LG, Samsung, Xbox and Vizio devices, and continues to roll out across other major devices, providing customers a no-barrier entry point to high-quality programming without any payment or credit card required.